How do I manually enter freqs into SDS100 WITHOUT Sentinal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cea1991

Premium Subscriber
Hello Community,

I searched for this topic, but cannot find it, so I apologize if this has been asked before. I am a mac user and do not have a PC i.e. Sentinal. I have tried doing the Wine conversion, but it just does not work with the newest MacBook Pros. How in the heck do I manually enter a frequency within the handheld itself? Let me just set the scene...

1. I turn on scanner and it automatically pulls up to the zip code function for my area (which is really the only function I know how to use)
2. I see a train going by and want to just quickly type in 161.520

How do I leave the zip code function and get to a screen where I can manually punch in, with my fingers on the handheld, 161.520?

Thank you for any and all help, and please be kind to the noob.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You would want to create a Favorites List. See the manual beginning on page 33 for how to go about doing this.

It is a pain without a computer, and if there is some way for you to get access to an inexpensive one for this, you might be glad you did.

When you are scanning in a Favorites list, you can do the direct channel entry, as in 161.520 and it gets you to that channel.

cea1991

Premium Subscriber
You would want to create a Favorites List. See the manual beginning on page 33 for how to go about doing this.

It is a pain without a computer, and if there is some way for you to get access to an inexpensive one for this, you might be glad you did.

When you are scanning in a Favorites list, you can do the direct channel entry, as in 161.520 and it gets you to that channel.

Thank you kind sir, much appreciated.

cea1991

Premium Subscriber
my sds 100 is at uniden right now. email me your phone number and i will call you and help you. rr will not let me post my phone number on here. my email is ten.labolgcbs@yrtnegenyaw . i'm a retired volunteer fire captain and a ham operator.

867-5309

I very much appreciate the offer good sir. I have figured it out as of current, but will keep you in mind if I ever have any further questions. Thank you for your hospitality. For what it is worth I am a Marine Unit Fire Medic for the Chicago Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.