how do i program a wildcard into arc 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcpilot2007

I am trying to figure out how to program a wildcard into a pro652 using arc500 program software. I can do it in the scanner but I have no clue on how to use the software to put it in thru the scanner.

rcpilot2007

Ok, I got that does the program assign a object id after I load it into the pro 652? And ty for the response Dave.

Last edited:

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
You're welcome. Sorry for the delay getting back to you on the second question. Once you set up the wildcard then the scanner will treat that * as an object that searches for talk groups not programmed in the memory. When it finds one then it will display the talk group id. So yes the scanner will treat it as an object and you can decide what scan lists to apply it to.

rcpilot2007

As I said Thanks so much for the help but I do have one more question. When programming a tsy group is it better to set the multi site to off or roam. If roam is better what do I set the the hi and lo threshold to. I am new and trying to get into this but I do have questions... Again ty so much

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the delay, been busy at work. It will depend on whether you are wanting to monitor a single site or multiple sites. There are several sites in my area that I monitor so I had mine set to roam. Low threshold about 75 & high about 95 worked good for me for the roam feature.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
When in programmed mine for my statewide system I put the towers closest to me in one system, then went from there. For example I put the towers in my county and the immediate surrounding counties in one system. Then, since I travel for work, I would put the next nearest towers in a separate system and so forth. So when i traveled I could just switch systems easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.