SDS100/SDS200: How do I (re)move items in the display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The manual states: The SDS100 gives you considerable control over what items are shown on the display as well as what colors are used for each item.
I have no problem in selecting between Simple and Detailed display. I also have no problem in changing foreground and background colors of each item.

1) I see no way to either remove an item or "swap" it with another similar item. Is this possible?
2) Is the same editing available in Sentinel as can be done with the radio?

ScubaJungle

I don't have an SDS, but I have programmed them before, and I personally find it much simpler to customize everything in Sentinel rather than on the radio itself - less Menu -> Submenu -> submenu type stuff to deal with.
I think it would help with answering if you specify what exactly you're looking to change or swap, since there are so many different things.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
1: Yes it is possible. When the radio is display options / customize / set detail / (conventional/trunk), rotate the dial until what you want to change is selected and press down on the dial to select.. Then see the 3 soft keys below? (Item - T-Color - B-Color)? Pressing soft key will allow you to change that field. Note: some item fields cannot be changed.

2: Sentinel - yes. Edit / edit display / choose which screen up top. Again, some field's item cannot be changed.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
2: Sentinel - yes. Edit / edit display / choose which screen up top. Again, some field's item cannot be changed.
Like I wrote, I am able to change colors and select Simple or Detailed. The manual leads me to believe that I can remove items. I see no way to do that.

This thread here also made me believe more editing was available.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Like I wrote, I am able to change colors and select Simple or Detailed. The manual leads me to believe that I can remove items. I see no way to do that.
This thread here also made me believe more editing was available.

As posted above... some fields can not have the displayed item changed. If a field's item can be changed, it can be removed. Are you not seeing (EMPTY) for any of the fields?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Nevermind. Although there is ZERO in the manual about this, I figured it out. I'll post here for others who are searching for the answer.

In Sentinel, select Edit Display. Two windows open up; one on the left looks like the display, one on the right looks like a color palette. But you can drag them around. Select a tab on top of the window on the left which represents which display you want to edit. Example: Detailed Trunk.

Next select the item you want changed. For example I wanted to change "Tag" on the upper right of the display. Now you'll see that is selected in the window on the right. If you want to "remove" that item from the display, select (empty) from the pull-down. I changed it to RSSI. Change colors as desired.

If the goal was to "swap" tag and RSSI, now select the box with RSSI on the lower right of the left display window. Now select "Tab" from the pulldown in the window on the right. Click SAVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.