how do i record radio traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

escfireresq

i know there was a previous discussion on this about a program called scanrec...i downloaded it and bought the cord to make it work...ive been playing with it now for a month or so and i cant get it to work. are there any other programs out there that do the same thing? our station sees the most fire in the county (even though we have the smallest district ) so i figured it would be really cool to get some of these fire calls recorded. all i have to use is a POS radio shack pro-75 scanner. any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks

ctrl

I had a problem at first with scanrec, it only records with PCM as the format, 8khz 8bit stereo for me.

Try that.

radio10-8

Try This

Using the audio/headphone jack from your scanner. Plug in a male to male audio cord from the scanner into your "Microphone" jack on your computer. In Windows you can use "Sound Recorder" But it has a 60 second limit before you must hit record again. Thisis really good for quick calls you want to record. The BEST way to go is using audio software. There are several audio recording programs. I also use "Audio-Hijack" http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/
A friend of mine uses this and likes it. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
I hope this helps. Also I found the best sound quality on 16bit....

pinetree

I have used with some success xcorder but my favorite is scanner recorder.
Both take a bit of time to figure them out.
In scanner recorder I use 8 bit mono which works best for me

Last edited:

escfireresq

guys, you really have helped me out alot here! i have been trying and trying to figure this stuff out. tomorrow i will try out you guys suggestions, see what i come up with, and update on what i have got to work...THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.