PSR500/PSR600: How do I reset a GRE 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry308

I have a GRE 500 I need to reprogram, but the laptop it was programed on is dead and gone. How do I take it back to before any of my programing was done?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a GRE 500 I need to reprogram, but the laptop it was programed on is dead and gone. How do I take it back to before any of my programing was done?

Turn the scanner off.
Turn it back on and quickly (while the welcome screen is showing) press 0, then press 1, then follow the directions on the screen.

ScannerSK

For the first attempt, I would press 0 (while the scanner is turning on) and then 2. This does a reset without affecting the working memory.

If this does not help, I would press 0 (while the scanner is turning on) and then 1. This will reset the scanner and also erase everything in working memory.

Shawn

larry308

Problem is it will not go to welcome screen it's frozen on
uP Boot Ver : F1.4
uP App Ver : NONE
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC \ IF

trp2525

Problem is it will not go to welcome screen it's frozen on
uP Boot Ver : F1.4
uP App Ver : NONE
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC \ IF

From the information that you are providing it appears that the CPU firmware has been erased from your scanner and it is awaiting an upgrade. This can sometimes happen if you try to install CPU firmware from another model scanner that is not EXACTLY the same as the one you are trying to upgrade. It first erases the current firmware from the scanner and then when it can't find the appropriate upgrade for your scanner the process stops. You then have a scanner with no CPU firmware installed.

You can download the version 2.1 CPU firmware for your PSR-500 from the GRE America site here: http://www.greamerica.com/download/firmware/GRE_PSR-500600_CPU_FWv2.1.zip

If you need it you can also download the version 1.4 DSP firmware for your PSR-500 from the GRE America site here: http://www.greamerica.com/download/firmware/GRE_PSR-500600_DSP_verU1.4.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.