HP-2: How do I scan favorites lists on a Home Patrol 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My friend asked me to reprogram/update the programming in his Home Patrol 2. I read the SD card, created 2 new Favorites lists to replace his outdate depricated trunking Favorites lists. I selected download and monitor, and unchecked monitor full database. I flashed the SD card, inserted into the scanner, and was greeted by a first time setup which ends with forced zip code full database scan only. I am unable to get this to do anything but zip code slaved full database scan, and cannot even see the favorites lists programmed into the scanner by manually selecting next. My friend is dispondent that I broke his scanner. Any assistance appreciated. I only want to scan the 2 custom FL's, NOT the full database at all.

Paul

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
Try this- Go to Manage Favorites List - Select Database to Monitor- Use Multiple List -Select your Favorite list's you made- Press Accept at bottom of the screen.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
It says "No Favorites Lists" and has an OK prompt. Below is showing what is programmed by Sentinel to the card. If I manually hold on system while scanning the full database, it will loop on itself and never show the Sentinel created FL's. If I use the ad delete channels menu option, I can SEE the custom RCS FL added in Sentinel, but not the SD CITY one, and if I press add it just loops me back to the zip code entry nightmare.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 4.01.06 PM.png

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Attempting to manually create a new favorited list using the scanner menu, when you select that you want to add things, the scanner reboots itself.

I can litterally see the 2 custom favorites lists on the SD card favorites list folder. The scanner also seems to ignore all checkmarks to service type made in Sentinel. Firmware update also not possible, I get an error.

Paul

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have you put the scanner in "mass storage mode" when trying to update the firmware? Sounds like you may want to reformat the SD card, and then use the "Clear user data" function to clear and start fresh with the SD card.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I've tried mass storage mode, but it doesn't show up as a drive and continues to ask me to set time and date and zip code etc. I've reformatted in PC multiple times, and cleared user data over and over...even tried to write to scanner and not selecting full database, but apparently clear suer data WRITES the full caerd structure AND full database.

Paul

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes, Sentinel always writes the entire database to the scanner, but it can easily be toggled on or off for scanning either on the scanner, or in Sentinel.

What is the exact text of the error message when you try to update the firmware?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
As an aside, there have never been any firmware updates released through Sentinel since the HP-2 was released... but regardless, you shouldn't get that corrupted message for the firmware folder on the SD card.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I ended up getting a second PC, installing Sentinel, exporting the FL's from the old PC, importing them into the new PC Sentinel, and now it operates as expected. Both versions of Sentinel are the same 2.03, but on the old PC when you would write to the card and boot the scanner, it goes through first time setup, but using the second PC, same operation results in booting to scan only the new FL's...WTF :-\

Paul

sfb88

Perhaps the error message is indicating a problem with an area of the first PC's hard disk and Sentinel ends up writing the corrupted version of your programming stored on the hard disk to the SD card. It might be asking you to run chkdsk on the PC's loacl hard drive and not the SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.