How do I stop scanning Air band? (Uniden)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhoover

on a BCD996P2. I've uploaded some of my local systems into it (with ArcXT pro) and am scanning fine, but
when I first got it, I started it up and used the function button to scan the Air band, Public Safety band and a few others. Now it continues to scan those bands along with the systems I uploaded. I can do a "temporary lockout" of each band, but, of course they scan again after a power cycle.

I just can't figure out to stop them from scanning when using the function button. I know this is something stupid and simple

dhoover

SOLVED

on a BCD996P2. I've uploaded some of my local systems into it (with ArcXT pro) and am scanning fine, but
when I first got it, I started it up and used the function button to scan the Air band, Public Safety band and a few others. Now it continues to scan those bands along with the systems I uploaded. I can do a "temporary lockout" of each band, but, of course they scan again after a power cycle.

I just can't figure out to stop them from scanning when using the function button. I know this is something stupid and simple

Found it. Using the function knob, selecting the band, buried 3 deep in the menus.
This seems to be a great scanner once I can navigate.
Dave

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Make sure you press Func+L/O 2x (yes, 2x) while scanning in the service. This will permanently lock it out. As you discovered, only doing it once only affects it for that power cycle

Mike

dhoover

Make sure you press Func+L/O 2x (yes, 2x) while scanning in the service. This will permanently lock it out. As you discovered, only doing it once only affects it for that power cycle

Mike

Thanks for the info. That really makes it easy.

Gaffer22

I recently had a problem with stopping two Custom Scans, and thanks to Upman and others I got the answer, Which is as stated above. While the scanner is in the certain scan you wish to stop, press the HOLD/RESUME to stop it, then press the KNOB, which is a Function key, just once, then press the L/O button once, and then a second time. Then press the SCAN/SEARCH. If you notice, after you press the L/O button once it will read Temporary, but after you press it the second time it will read LOCKOUT. My thanks to Upman and all the others who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.