How do I turn off mute on Uniden BCD396XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxiso

What system are you trying monitor and what area? That means everything I may be able to help you if yo give that info.. Also do you have the programing cable if so let me know.. When asking such a question you need to give your location and what you want to monitor.

Last edited:

wtp

headphone jack problem ?

the 396t and the xt seem to have problems with the headphone jack try plugging in headphones or a computer speaker (stereo) and get back to us.

wtp

yes, i know

but it seems the headphone jack stays open and "mutes" the radio.
my 396t has done it hundreds of times and the 396xt about a dozen.
i used to poke the inside of the jack with a toothpick but just putting the plug in and out can do it.

cg

Premium Subscriber
It would seem that it is not properly scanning as he originally posted. If it is not stopping on active frequencies, it is not a volume (or headphone) problem, but an electrical or programming problem.
Doing a factory reset was not bad advice (although I would have suggested reprogramming first or at least mentioned that it would delete everything).
However, to have multiple systems stop working at once makes me think antenna/reception problem first. I would try a known strong channel like the local NOAA weather channel or a FM Broadcast Band Service Search.

Good luck,

chris

paddyshack

Premium Subscriber
extract this zip file and load the .996 into freescan and upload to scanner. I modified some of the settings for optimal.. Let me know if it works.
Rats. I have a newer computer which does not accommodate the Uniden cable. I'll have to purchase an adapter. Otherwise I'll have to do it all manually.

paddyshack

Premium Subscriber
ok...I've uploaded the CT system. Just like before it is scanning ID Search but picks up on nothing. Just scanning continuously? Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.