• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone How do I UNLOCK Anytone AT-D878UV HT?

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Use this link to download the latest database list. It is sized some where around 13MB. It is a direct download link, not a redirect.
I downloaded but dont know what to do with this file. Its too big and unwieldy to try to edit. Isnt there a way to do this without a huge list? Is there a way to manually edit the CPS so user data appears on radio? I only want a handful of contacts not the whole world.

a417

I downloaded but dont know what to do with this file. Its too big and unwieldy to try to edit. Isnt there a way to do this without a huge list? Is there a way to manually edit the CPS so user data appears on radio? I only want a handful of contacts not the whole world.
It's a .csv, so the world is your oyster. One could filter it by state, city, first letter of last name, whatever. You could export a range of people in RI and only have those if you wanted. Looking at it in a giant 13mb blob can be imposing, but it's only data. Take smaller bites.

dickie757

Wired
Ok, never mind the user.csv file. Get a pencil and piece of paper, write down the names of each of your friends. Put their call signs to the left of their name. Gather their radioid.net assigned number and put that to the left of the call sign. Now, write down thier city, state, and country to the right of their name.

Load up the CPS of your radio and enter all of that info into the contacts area. Easy as 1.2.3

Or, import one file into CPS and upload it to radio, in about ten clicks.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Ok, never mind the user.csv file. Get a pencil and piece of paper, write down the names of each of your friends. Put their call signs to the left of their name. Gather their radioid.net assigned number and put that to the left of the call sign. Now, write down thier city, state, and country to the right of their name.

Load up the CPS of your radio and enter all of that info into the contacts area. Easy as 1.2.3

Or, import one file into CPS and upload it to radio, in about ten clicks.
OK thats what I initially tried but it didnt work......I must have missed somethng because even as an experiment, I downloaded the main user database and copied to radio but it still wasnt showing up.