Pro-106: How do I update to new CPU & DSP versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottygibby

My faithful old PRO-106 has suddenly gone bonkers with strange behaviors which I have been unable to fix, so now I want to try updating the CPU and DSP firmware, hoping these fixes will get my scanner back to normal.

My manual (“Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual”) says I can get “Firmware Version/Updates and Power-On Menus Updates and instructions for the RS models” at the Radio Shack site but this site no longer gives this help to PRO-106 owners!

Can someone tell me where to go to download these updates?

To make things harder I recently bought a Mac computer and tossed my old Windows PC before I realized that my BuTel ARC500 program cannot run on a Mac!

Thanks to all!

scottygibby

rhodester

My faithful old PRO-106 has suddenly gone bonkers with strange behaviors which I have been unable to fix, so now I want to try updating the CPU and DSP firmware, hoping these fixes will get my scanner back to normal.

My manual (“Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual”) says I can get “Firmware Version/Updates and Power-On Menus Updates and instructions for the RS models” at the Radio Shack site but this site no longer gives this help to PRO-106 owners!

Can someone tell me where to go to download these updates?

To make things harder I recently bought a Mac computer and tossed my old Windows PC before I realized that my BuTel ARC500 program cannot run on a Mac!

Thanks to all!

scottygibby
link Pro-106 and Pro-197 CPU/DSP Upgrades - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.