BCD436HP/BCD536HP: How do I view results of LCN analyze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

If I use a 436 to find the LCN ordering of a MOTOTRBO DMR system and it starts finding the proper LCN of some frequencies how do I view the results of what it found or how do I make it change the order of the frequencies I put in so that the match the correct LCN? If I back out of the LCN analyze mode it seems to clear out its findings and start over again with zero results. How do I save or view what it found without losing the data?

Tim-B

Ahh, ok. Does it do that as it finds each one or does it wait until all are found? So far is has only found 2 of 5. This system is not very busy. It is a local communications company that rents radios to part 90 eligible businesses that don't want to set up their own infrastructure.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
When you exit an incomplete session, IIRC you are prompted whether to save or not. It has been a while since I've done this, so I'm relying on my imperfect memory.

Tim-B

Yeeeeeah, that's how it works. If I back out through the menu it discards the findings but if I just hit func system to scan then it asks if I want to save what it found so far. I am hearing activity already. Thanks.

AtlasFBG2

If you hit function and system and choose yes to save it. You can then plug the scanner into computer open sentinel software and select read from scanner.

It will say something like favorites list is different and ask to overwrite or something like that. Choose yes.

You should then see which lcns was found and what order they are. The unfound lcns will show as 0.

ssinglet

When exiting the LCN finder make sure you exit by pushing the function + scan button, then it will prompt you to save the result.

Tim-B

Excellent, thanks for all the replies. It has only found two of the nine slots so far because there is very little traffic on the system on weekends since is it is a business system. I guess I'm gonna hafta wait till a weekday to analyze again and find more.

Status
Not open for further replies.