How do I...

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutscott

Premium Subscriber
I am not picking up local police and Spitfire8250 recommended turning of SQ mode ?
I have read the manual and researched on the web but I am lost.

Any help?
Thanks,
Scott
Whistler 1065

troutscott

Premium Subscriber
Hi
I live in Hudson,Wisconsin / St. Croix County.
I am not sure why I never hear the local police.
I did use ARC500 to populate the scanner-as of now I have just been operating it in sweeper mode.
Thanks,
Scott

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Ok I looked and I see most of your area is Analog, I see some P25, I see a very strange to me 139 meg Trunking system, and very little DMR (the ws1065 does not do DMR). This might get a better answer in the Wisconsin forum here on RR. That way you are talking to someone in your area listening to the same system.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
For reference, the previous thread was http://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/340960-newbie.html. You should generally just revive your old post if you are encountering the same problem so you do not have to repeat information you have already provided.

Just to check, do you have 155.580 MHz (Sheriff Dispatch West) programmed in to listen to Hudson Police? According to Wisconsin Scanning Homepage - St Croix County, Hudson Police use the 41xx callsigns. The frequency listed specifically for Hudson PD would appear to be used for tactical/car-to-car communications, which might be rarely used.

I would also suggest seeking more local help by getting one of your help posts moved to the Wisconsin Radio Discussion Forum using the report post button if you do have 155.580 MHz programmed and are still hearing nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.