How do program BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

oscrette

I am very new to this. I bought my scanner on Ebay and it was programmed for another state. I have Arc246 (I think) software, I did the updates for my scanner. I think I deleted all the previous frequencies on the radio. How do I download my county frequencies from this site? I am a premium member.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Oscrette

I'm not sure you can simply download a configuration for your area, unless someone else has posted one, you would likely need to enter in all the channels/freqs you want to monitor, manually, or into your software.

I had a 246 and used the Uniden software, that was easy as I recall, maybe you want to try that? I think it even came with most major US area's pre-programable.

Tell us your general area, maybe someone can help you from around there.

EDIT: was just reading this after posting :)

Ken if you purchase a premium subscription you will be able to download data from the online databases into ARC250. To find out about this, float your mouse over the About tag in the blue toolbar to the right under the Scanner Master ad, and select Premium Services.

Alternately go to the California forum and ask for an ARC250 file for your area. Be specific about the software, as different formats and packages aren't always compatible or importable. Another source would be a Yahoo scanning group for your area. We have a few of them listed here...generally the more active the group, the more likely someone might have something you can use

California(US) - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Scan, ARC250 doesn't support the BC246; as he already has a premium sub, the only thing left is to determine exactly what area(s) he's trying to program, where he is and precisely what software he's using (the UASD doesn't support downloads via the RR web service, and he says he *thinks* he has ARC246).

Oscrette, even with the download, you are going to need to understand how to work with the DMA memory scheme. We have a FAQ (and there is an online manual) that should be helpful to you. Go to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, and float your mouse over Wiki and select FAQs. Select the Uniden DMA FAQ from the list. At the bottom of the page are the links for the Easier to Read online manuals. Select the one for the 246 and download it.

I would also post in your state's forum; perhaps someone has a file you can use, as was suggested earlier. Another thing I would do - people will ask about this - is where you are. Go to the User CP (which is in the blue toolbar under the thread title) and enter your location data (county/state is fine) under Your Profile and Edit Your Details.

73 Mike

oscrette

Thank you for your replies. I am so confused now, lol. I read one of the tutorials. I had no idea how complicated this is! I bought this scanner a year ago and just now got serious about trying to program it. Yes, the software I downloaded was Arc246. I am from Decatur, Il Macon County. I will look for a state forum. Any other idea's, please reply. I am trying to absorb all this.

Thank you

oscrette

Bc246

I hope my other post don't show, also. I tried to post them and I didn't see them, so I am answering your reply. I am from Decatur, IL, Macon County. I had no idea how complicated the scanners are today. I did download Arc246. I did not receive any software in the scanner box, when I purchased it.

I know I deleted everything out of the scanner because it says 'nothing to scan'. It was set for another state and I thought that was the best thing to do?

I just read one manual and I think I am more confused, lol.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I will start reading.

Oscrette

Try this local link below for Illinois as ka3jjz suggested :

http://forums.radioreference.com/illinois-radio-discussion-forum/

I've found it much easier to get specific information on radio systems and freqs. in my area from the local guys on here, plus they know all the in's and out's that are missed in the wiki, or other sources of information..

Also you can try this link I found, seems to list out all the information for Illinois Radio systems, should give you a good idea of the configuration you need for your area :

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Illinois_-_State_Scanning_Information_by_County

GL :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.