How Do We Register Our New 436/536's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I went onto My Uniden today and tried to register my new 536 and it's not even listed! I want to make sure I get my warranty!!!

Mike

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I'll try to get these into the list next week when I get back to the office. But, warranty rights are not preserved by registering your scanner in any event. Keep your receipt.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Roger that UPMan - thanks! You must have a list a mile long every time you walk into your office of things to do!!!

Mike

kjfswkr

I was going to say the same thing as UP Man. Save your sales receipt and if there is a prooblem then you can deal with it. I believe whne you register a product it is just a way for a company to get your mailing information and other demographics. Enjoy the scanner.

kevin

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
$500? Mine was $588.95 and that was the cheapest I found on EBay! But I know I would buy another in a heartbeat from the guy - GREAT service!

Mike

mikepdx

I went onto My Uniden today and tried to register my new 536 and it's not even listed! I want to make sure I get my warranty!!!Mike

You WILL get your warranty, as long as you have proof of purchase.

Quite a few years ago, US Courts found that manufacturers cannot
deny in-warranty service because a consumer didn't "register".

However I understand that you want to register, as I would.
The most important reason is to receive re-call notices, etc.

Have fun with your new scanner.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Registering your scanner does not in any way give you a warranty (nor does not registering it take away a warranty). Purchasing the scanner gives you a warranty, and keeping your receipt ensures you will receive warranty service during the full warranty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.