How do you copy/paste a p25 site from RRDB to Sentinal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
I have tried the ARC program, and sentinal. I cannot find ANY way to copy sites from a statewide trunked system to the same system on my favorites list (which currently only has one site). I tried manually entering all the info, and when I get to the Latitude and Longitude, it gives me OUT of RANGE when I copy/paste it. Also doesnt list the band plan stuff. Its all in the database, but sentinal wont let me open two copies, so I can copy/paste. The append to favorites is blanked out, and in ARC, I can click on the Site, and click copy, then go to the favorite list on the second copy and hit paste, and it doesnt do anything.
This is the most frustrating bunch of software to use I think I have ever had the pleasure of hating.

Am I missing something, or must I copy the ENTIRE statewide system to a new favorite, and then delete non-local sites, and all the departments I dont want?

SCPD

QRT
In Sentinel click on State then Statewide then go to the right and click on the first one and Ctrl + A to Highlight all or Hold Ctrl and select witch one you want. then you can right click on it and append to you FL.
After that I usally go to my FL to fine Tune what I like in there.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
In Sentinel click on State then Statewide then go to the right and click on the first one and Ctrl + A to Highlight all or Hold Ctrl and select witch one you want. then you can right click on it and append to you FL.
After that I usally go to my FL to fine Tune what I like in there.

OK, tried that, and it works for departments, but not sites. If I highlight 5 sites, the Append to favorites list option is still greyed out.

It wont let me Append any of my custom Unit ID's either.

Last edited:

JoeyC

While the software leaves a lot to be desired, you can accomplish what you wish. It took me many tries and retries to get stuff the way I want in mine. For a big statewide system, I always copy the whole thing into a FL that I will use to build other FLs from. Once you've saved it to the master FL, you can delete out all the sites that you will never need. If you don't want to do it that way you can add sites back into your prepared FL although it is not as easy as you would hope. Like you've found out, the Append is greyed out for sites but you can add it by opening the System in the editor, click on the Sites tab and Add an additional site to the list. Rename it as needed, then it will appear in the list in the left column. From there you need to highlight it and add the frequencies. Not the easiest method, but works. All custom IDs can be swapped around also, by highlighting them, copy and paste into a new channel (in the channels tab within your department). Not the most intuitive, but once you've futzed around long enough with this limited software, you'll find the easier ways to do things in it.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I believe the sites are all imported "automatically" when you select one or more departments for a system. You don't have to do anything special (as in highlighting the sites) to get the sites inserted to the Favrites List you are working with.

Once you've done the append to Favorites List, expand the list and you should see sites there.

Alternatively, you can edit the Favorites List. You go to the system and then in the right pane you'll see a tab at the top saying "Sites". Click that tab and you should see all of the sites associated with that system.

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
The favorites list I was trying to add sites to, I had previously deleted all the unreceivable sites from. Got it the way I wanted, but raised the antenna so I can get more sites now, and was wanting to add a couple of them back. I ended up just copying the entire statewide system to a new favorites list, and "avoiding" all the sites I cant get, so I can "unavoid" them if I ever need them, and then deleted all the departments I dont want, and added in about 20 talk groups Ive found that arent in the database yet.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to put the Unit IDs back. Thanks for all the help guys, but if the Append to Favorites worked for everything, it would be really nice. Ok, Finally, apparently I had to hit + to create a blank Unit ID, then it let me paste and added them all. Thanks for that. Probably would have worked for site too, but Ive already built the new site list, and dont want to mess it up :)

Last edited:

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
You could have given the old FL a different name.
Import the new one from the software.
Go to the new one and do a copy on the sites.
Then paste them into your old FL.
When done just delete the imported FL.
If need be you can change the name of the OLD modified FL back.

The favorites list I was trying to add sites to, I had previously deleted all the unreceivable sites from. Got it the way I wanted, but raised the antenna so I can get more sites now, and was wanting to add a couple of them back. I ended up just copying the entire statewide system to a new favorites list, and "avoiding" all the sites I cant get, so I can "unavoid" them if I ever need them, and then deleted all the departments I dont want, and added in about 20 talk groups Ive found that arent in the database yet.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to put the Unit IDs back. Thanks for all the help guys, but if the Append to Favorites worked for everything, it would be really nice. Ok, Finally, apparently I had to hit + to create a blank Unit ID, then it let me paste and added them all. Thanks for that. Probably would have worked for site too, but Ive already built the new site list, and dont want to mess it up :)

joeuser

The Wretched
Yup, I have a main FL with all the primary stuff I listen to & blocked. Then another, that I copied, before I went through & blocked stuff. I appended CLR on the end to remember nothing is blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.