How Do You Imoport Frequncies to EZScan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaijudo

Hello, I'd like to know how to I import frequencies to the EZScan software. I know there are sites that allow you to click clip board and then import them to EZScan, or save a text file and import to EZScan, but I want to know how to I manually set up a text file or save to a clipboard. I thought it was as easy as a copy and pasting it into the software, but I get an error message saying "No columns were identified as the Frequency Column! The import has failed".... so how do I do this?

VicradioZone

Premium Subscriber
This was apparently just fixed in the latest update released.

Undertake your updates and then try again. I was getting the same error yesterday, haven't had a chance to try again since doing the latest updates though.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Kaijudo

Scroll up to Databases and goto Freqeuncy database you can import all those frequencies.
I wanted to know how I could do it if I created my own frequency list in notepad, or a copy paste from a website that didn't create the file for me, like RR or some of the others like Digital Frequency Search.

Kaijudo

This was apparently just fixed in the latest update released.

Undertake your updates and then try again. I was getting the same error yesterday, haven't had a chance to try again since doing the latest updates though.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
I just saw the software update. I updated it, but it's still doing the same thing. I'm going to reboot my pc and see if everything works

QDP2012

...I want to know how to I manually set up a text file or save to a clipboard. I thought it was as easy as a copy and pasting it into the software, but I get an error message saying "No columns were identified as the Frequency Column! The import has failed".... so how do I do this?

I am not familiar with the EZScan software, but if it expects "columns" then it might be better for you to develop your lists in a spreadsheet like MS Excel, instead of a text editor like Notepad.

In the RR Wiki, the Excel Copy/Paste Special to Software page gives some hints on how to do this, but it is not specific to your software package. Maybe its information will be useful anyway as a starting point for what you want to do.

Hope this helps,

Kaijudo

I am not familiar with the EZScan software, but if it expects "columns" then it might be better for you to develop your lists in a spreadsheet like MS Excel, instead of a text editor like Notepad.

In the RR Wiki, the Excel Copy/Paste Special to Software page gives some hints on how to do this, but it is not specific to your software package. Maybe its information will be useful anyway as a starting point for what you want to do.

Hope this helps,
Thank you... yes this looks like it's going to help. I did notice that EZScan uses a column system.

RDGDigital

To import data from a text file or the clipboard, the data needs to be in CSV (Comma Seperated Variable) format with the first row being the headers. You can read what the columns are in the Help system in EZ-Scan by searching for "importing external data".

I've never tried this so I can't guarantee that it will work, but I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Okay, I just tried this with a test file and it worked just fine.

Kaijudo

To import data from a text file or the clipboard, the data needs to be in CSV (Comma Seperated Variable) format with the first row being the headers. You can read what the columns are in the Help system in EZ-Scan by searching for "importing external data".

I've never tried this so I can't guarantee that it will work, but I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Okay, I just tried this with a test file and it worked just fine.
Yes it helped, and yes it worked!.... It took a while cause the frequencies were spread out from left to right, so I had to do some copy/paste. I used Notepad Plus so it made it a little less tedious lol.

So now I know if I don't have access to RR or other sites I can still put in frequencies with out an internet connection, fun times

Status
Not open for further replies.