How do you monitor Military air freqs in AM mode BCD996P2???

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
Not sure why you are having issues. I use the 325P2, the handheld version of your radio and it works just fine on MILAIR and CIVIL Air. What software are you using to program the radio? Maybe I can create a list for you. I use Proscan and Freescan.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
If it was the 103rd Airlift Wing out of Bradley in Ct. you didn’t miss anything. I only saw one C-130 so any comms were with the airport during takeoff and landing. If a second ship were launched, there would have been some ship to ship chatter. I didn’t hear a thing.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
If it was the 103rd Airlift Wing out of Bradley in Ct. you didn’t miss anything. I only saw one C-130 so any comms were with the airport during takeoff and landing. If a second ship were launched, there would have been some ship to ship chatter. I didn’t hear a thing.
We have C-130's that fly regularly out of Quonset Point in RI. The UHF freqs seem to be simulcast with the VHF ones at TF GREENE airport. Not sure how MILAIR works. Things are not as busy as they used to be though.

wtp

Band Defaults
This setting allows you change the ‘Auto’ values you can select while programming frequencies, searches, etc. to whatever you feel ‘Auto’ should be for each band (vs. the radio defaults). Since all of the step and modulation settings default to ‘Auto’, this allows you to skip those settings when programming.
Note: these setting have no effect on service searches.
1. Scroll to the band you wish to edit and press E/ . Refer to Auto Step Size chart to help find the bands in the menu. 2. At ‘Set Modulation’ scroll to AM, NFM, FM, WFM, or FMB (Broadcast) and press E/ to save and exit.
3. At ‘Set Step’ scroll to Auto, 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5, 15, 20, 25, 50, or 100 kHz and press E/ to save and exit.
4. Scroll to any other bands you wish to edit and repeat. Press MENU to return

Status
Not open for further replies.