How do you program TRUNKED freq. in PRO-2067?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john98225

These are specific questions on PROGRAMMING trunked frequencies in a PRO-2067 using Win92 software ...

(1) I have the Talk Groups info programmed in, with the Alpha Tags and IDs. Now, do I put all of the control frequencies in the "normal" fields (to the left, under the Frequency column)?

(2) Also, in the programming, should I tick the delay boxes or leave them blank (with these Trunked frequencies)?

(3) After programming in the control freqs and naming each one 'KING CO.' on that bank, and then programming the talk groups with their own alpha tags (like 'N SEATTLE PD') & ID numbers, if I stop the scan on one of the channels when there's no traffic on it, it just shows 'KING CO.' and the control frequency. When it actually picks up one of the Talk Groups using the frequency, will the alpha tag show the Talk Group name & ID instead?

FYI: I'm not in Seattle and only visit every few months, so I'm trying to get the radio working for my next trip down. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
(1) I have the Talk Groups info programmed in, with the Alpha Tags and IDs. Now, do I put all of the control frequencies in the "normal" fields (to the left, under the Frequency column)?

For the Pro-2067 you will need all the trunked frequencies (in any order) in the frequency column.

(2) Also, in the programming, should I tick the delay boxes or leave them blank (with these Trunked frequencies)?

I would leave them off.

(3) After programming in the control freqs and naming each one 'KING CO.' on that bank, and then programming the talk groups with their own alpha tags (like 'N SEATTLE PD') & ID numbers, if I stop the scan on one of the channels when there's no traffic on it, it just shows 'KING CO.' and the control frequency. When it actually picks up one of the Talk Groups using the frequency, will the alpha tag show the Talk Group name & ID instead?

It will display the alpha-tag when in the Closed Mode. "-" should be displayed for that bank when it's closed "+", when open. Many of the display features that you may know about came on the models after the 2067, if I remember correctly was the Pro-93 and Pro-2053.

Status
Not open for further replies.