How Do You Record Your Scanner Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

StatuSChecKa

Sound Forge 10
Line into the back of my computer.
Scanner volume set to 25%. Computer Record In volume set to various settings.
:)
I know you probably knew this already, but Its got to be one of the most simple ways.
When i'm on the go and have to record something, I have this cheap MP3 player that will record LINE IN, and also let me listen at the same time VIA the Headphone Jack.

ilgrant

I use a Sony Digital Voice Recorder with VOX capability. Set it up correctly you can record up to 40 hours with a unit that has a 1 gig memory capacity. It also acts like a flash drive in Windows to dump the contents to a computer. It's easy on the power bill as opposed to using a computer.

STEVIE39

Hi Skypilot,

3 Questions about your scanner recorder.

1. I See its a zip file, how to I open it and where do I install it after opening?

2.1. What is the best way to connect the scanner to the PC?

3. I Have Windows XP Home Edition is that OK for this?

tipster67

Hi Steve, Hope this helps....

#1. Use Winzip.... Google it for where to download, very easy to use. The file inside the zip is a msi file so once you click on that it will place in a program file by default, but you can change this, (Stick with where it wants to install to)

#2. You have the option of using a microphone or to connect direct to the scanner, I would suggest a shielded cable with 1/8th inch plugs on both sides. You can either plug in to the mic in or line in on your sound card.

#3. Computer:
486 PC or faster.
Memory:
4 MB RAM
Disk Space:
770K bytes.
Operating System:
All 32 bit versions of Windows, (Win95 - XP)
Hardware:
Windows compatible sound card that has either a microphone or line input.

Looks like as long as you are using a 32-bit version of windows XP you will be just fine.

KLH

Feed Provider
I'm surprised no one has mentioned radioreference yet. I let radioference record my scanner 24/7.

KLH

Feed Provider
Perhaps you'd be kind enough to explain how this is done KLH?
I provide my feed so others can listen to it. Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com
And RadioReference keeps an Archive of all my feeds that are broadcasted through RR.
Currently, the archives only go back to 1/29/10, So they aren't kept forever, but that is long enough. If I want a copy of something, I can just save it on my computer.

Mike218

KLH can you tell me a little bit about how you have radioreference record all your audio

keithmj

Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, Florida
I was under the impression that it is OK to record for your own personal use but you are not allowed to let others hear what you have recorded. So is it illegal to record and to post or to pass onto others what was recorded. I don't keep anything I record if I do record. How is Radioreference able to record legally? I don't know what the laws are..Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.