How do you set optiomal receive on Pro-652

Status
Not open for further replies.

newalbanyoffice

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed the pro-652 and a Uniden comparable model with the same frequencies, and the Uniden is picking up the frequencies quicker whereas the pro-652 has a significant delay before stopping on the frequency.
I am a novice on the software (ARC500), and there must be tweaks I can make to speed up the pro-652 response time.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mary

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
There are multiple reasons why that may be.

One is that you may have more objects in the scanlists on the Pro652 v.s the Uniden this would make it take longer to scan the whole list and come back to the object that is being received.

Another is the possibility that you have the delay set higher than on the Uniden which causes it to sit on a previous activated object longer than it needs which steps on the new object.

Try putting your delay down a notch and shortening your scanlists, that should do it. If it is lagging when parked on a single object then I would check your extended settings.

The ones here are the stock settings: (Note these are for the handheld version so I am just assuming that its the same.)

Attachments

• new 1.jpg
    new 1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:

dledinger

I bought a BCT15X after buying my 652 and I feel like the Uniden (though not a comparable model) is a superior piece of equipment. The 652 picks up noise in VHF and UHF Airband that prevents me from hearing what I want to hear. I also think the Uniden has far superior audio. It sounds much more natural and easier to understand even when dealing with equal signal strength. I don't think I'll buy another Radioshack/GRE/Whistler without a thorough test drive.

As far as the advanced settings, take a look at the "Easier to read Pro-197 manual" online. It breaks everything down for you and gives recommended settings.

mainetrunk

Sorry to say, I haven't seen the 652 in action yet. If it does what the 106 and 197 does,then I'll take it in a heartbeat. When you can press TUNE and get a control channel to give it's info to the scanner and create a talk system, ( except for edacs ) that's a good scanner. dledinger is right about the 106/197 aviation reception. My 197 has to have the attenuator on for vhf. My bct15X doesn't require it, unless I am searching lo-vhf. Same for 107/197..

cherubim

Premium Subscriber
I have programmed the pro-652 and a Uniden comparable model with the same frequencies, and the Uniden is picking up the frequencies quicker whereas the pro-652 has a significant delay before stopping on the frequency.
I am a novice on the software (ARC500), and there must be tweaks I can make to speed up the pro-652 response time.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Mary

I have the GRE PSR-600 and the Pro-197 which are identical to this RS model.

The delay you are experiencing is due to the scanner waiting for a digital transmission first. To change the amount of time the scanner looks for a digital transmission try changing the DG Int Prime setting to a value of 45 (450ms). This should help to narrow the delay gap a bit.

Also, if you are monitoring analog transmissions it's a good idea to force the scanner into analog mode by using the CTCSS Search mode option rather than just setting AM/FM/NFM.

joeuser

The Wretched
/SNIP/
Also, if you are monitoring analog transmissions it's a good idea to force the scanner into analog mode by using the CTCSS Search mode option rather than just setting AM/FM/NFM.

Do you mean analog along with digital? Does it make a difference if you split the analog & digital into different banks?

Status
Not open for further replies.