How do you turn down the WX alarm on a BCD996T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

walterb

Premium Subscriber
How do you turn down (if possible) the WX Alert / Alarm on a BCD996T?

It is way to loud to be used in the middle of the night unless its in the basement.

thanks

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The volume on the weather alarm is not adjustable. This is a life and safety feature...it is intended to wake you up in the middle of the night.

walterb

Premium Subscriber
The volume on the weather alarm is not adjustable. This is a life and safety feature...it is intended to wake you up in the middle of the night.

Well, it works. :)

I have a midland weather radio and the alarm volume is adjustable so it doesn't give you a heart attack when it goes off at 3 am.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the 'life and safety' feature concept, but only to a point. I had my 396 with me last weekend. I was listening to it through and ear bud. The weather alert went off and the volume level hurt.

walterb

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the 'life and safety' feature concept, but only to a point. I had my 396 with me last weekend. I was listening to it through and ear bud. The weather alert went off and the volume level hurt.

Mine will be OFF. I have the dedicated Midland that doesn't give your neighbors a coronary when it sounds. I thought the SAME feature would be good, but since it toggles back and forth between what you are scanning and the WX channel every 3 seconds or so, it makes it rather annoying.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
SAME does not toggle back and forth. SAME only works in WX Standby mode.
WX Priority mode toggles over to weather every 5 seconds to check for the 1050 Hz tone, but the SAME settings are not in use in this mode.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
Mine will be OFF. I have the dedicated Midland that doesn't give your neighbors a coronary when it sounds. I thought the SAME feature would be good, but since it toggles back and forth between what you are scanning and the WX channel every 3 seconds or so, it makes it rather annoying.

Oh, I too have a dedicated weather radio at the house. But when I'm out, especially on a day when they are forecasting potentially severe weather. Even with the ear bud I believe folks near me heard the alert.

I may have to rethink keeping the weather priority on while listening with the ear buds. I'd recommend anyone listening through a headphones or ear buds NOT have the weather priority turned on. If the alert does go off, the audio is deafening.

Status
Not open for further replies.