How Do You Use Your SDS200?

How Do You Use Your SDS200?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I know I had a few posts that were taken the wrong way. That's life, not everybody takes things the way they were intended.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
that's the nature of life. even silence can be taken in the wrong way.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
that's the nature of life. even silence can be taken in the wrong way.
Anyway let me know if the feed audio is too hot. I had the SDS200 in there and went back to a 996p2 and I didn't check any audio levels. The 2 scanners are quite different in doing feed audio. One being LAN based the other off the REC jack.

cryppie

Anyway let me know if the feed audio is too hot. I had the SDS200 in there and went back to a 996p2 and I didn't check any audio levels. The 2 scanners are quite different in doing feed audio. One being LAN based the other off the REC jack.

May I ask why you removed the SDS200?

eaf1956

Feed Provider
May I ask why you removed the SDS200?

Hmmm Let me think! I removed the SDS 200 not because it doesn't work or has an issue but because it is my personal scanner and I only had it up on the feed as a test. Actually, I think (in my opinion) that it was a far superior scanner than the 996P2. Most again (in my opinion) feed providers don't use their BEST scanner for doing a feed. They or I use scanners than are available but not being used for other purposes. In other words the 996P2 serves it's purpose and I can play with the SDS 200 and my SDS 100 as I wish. BTW: the 996P2 is an upgrade from the 996XT which was used before but is now on it's way to New Zealand.

cryppie

Hmmm Let me think! I removed the SDS 200 not because it doesn't work or has an issue but because it is my personal scanner and I only had it up on the feed as a test. Actually, I think (in my opinion) that it was a far superior scanner than the 996P2. Most again (in my opinion) feed providers don't use their BEST scanner for doing a feed. They or I use scanners than are available but not being used for other purposes. In other words the 996P2 serves it's purpose and I can play with the SDS 200 and my SDS 100 as I wish. BTW: the 996P2 is an upgrade from the 996XT which was used before but is now on it's way to New Zealand.

Makes sense. Completely understand not wanting to use a $700 scanner on a feed that is restricted to only dispatch TGs due to broadcastify rules. That's why I removed mine. My feeds are a little different than yours. I use my best scanners, set them up to scan only exactly what I want to hear, and then never touch them again.

I was just curious if you could hear the digital artifacts people are complaining about via the network interface or if there was some other issue.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Makes sense. Completely understand not wanting to use a $700 scanner on a feed that is restricted to only dispatch TGs due to broadcastify rules. That's why I removed mine. My feeds are a little different than yours. I use my best scanners, set them up to scan only exactly what I want to hear, and then never touch them again.

I was just curious if you could hear the digital artifacts people are complaining about via the network interface or if there was some other issue.
Nope my SDS 200 sounds fine to me. As far as the rules, I set up lockouts in Proscan for those talkgroups to broadcastify but they are there on the web server and RSOIP. And in the radio room you never know they are locked out unless you look at the screen for the feed where the metadata displays Broadcast Lockout. And those TGs are not broadcast. But hey if anybody wants to donate an SDS 200 I'll put it up on the feed no problem.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Nope my SDS 200 sounds fine to me. As far as the rules, I set up lockouts in Proscan for those talkgroups to broadcastify but they are there on the web server and RSOIP. And in the radio room you never know they are locked out unless you look at the screen for the feed where the metadata displays Broadcast Lockout. And those TGs are not broadcast. But hey if anybody wants to donate an SDS 200 I'll put it up on the feed no problem.

I have connected to your feed,sounds good to me.....

eaf1956

Feed Provider
One thing about the SDS 200 is that if the power supply does provide sufficient current the scanner will Scan and be normal but it will have No Audio Output from the speaker.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
One thing about the SDS 200 is that if the power supply does provide sufficient current the scanner will Scan and be normal but it will have No Audio Output from the speaker.

Meant to say if PS does not provide but silly phone autocorrect gets me

Status
Not open for further replies.