How does Broadcastify Calls handle analog frequency TG numbers w/Trunk Recorder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Question regarding Broadcastify Calls and how it handles analog conventional talk group members using Trunk Recorder. When using multiple systems in the config file, Trunk Recorder assigns talk group numbers arbitrarily starting with the number one for each system to use for Alph Tag affiliation. It appears BCs uses the frequency as the talk group #. I'm looking at setting up an analog BCs feed with 3 to 4 systems in the config file however I would end up with 3 or 4 TG with the number 1. How does BCs handle this or does TR have code in the config file to manually assign a different TG # to a frequency?

ScanYak

Feed Provider
After some research I think I'm beginning to answer my question. It appears that Broadcastify Calls uses an ID number that is associated with each system created. With conventional calls the frequency associated with the ID establishes an identity for each of the calls. The Radioreference data is then used for the identification of alpha tags/description for each of the conventional frequency and system ID. The administrator constructs the list of frequencies in a particular order to correspond to the audio files sent from each system in the Trunk Recorder configuration file. I think this addresses the issue of having more than one number #1 talkgroup with multiple systems identified in the config file.

All of the following is what I have gleaned and has no bases for being accurate.

Love to hear from those in the know.

Status
Not open for further replies.