How does the Spectrum Force Wideband Antenna with Mag Mount and BNC Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambo613

I ordered the SpectrumForce Wideband Antenna with Mag Mount and BNC just now and need to know exactly how it works. Im planning on placing it right outside of my house I have a Pro 404 Radioshack. Also how does it connect to my scanner and can I close my window for when I place it outside and lastly I live in Lake County, IL.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
A mag-mount antenna needs a metal groundplane for it to work properly,for example a pizza pan etc.

To attach the antenna to the scanner,all what you need to do is put the bnc end of the antenna coax on the antenna part of the scanner and turn,it has to lock into place.

You could close the window on the coax as long as the coax is not crushed or bent to much.

sambo613

A mag-mount antenna needs a metal groundplane for it to work properly,for example a pizza pan etc.

To attach the antenna to the scanner,all what you need to do is put the bnc end of the antenna coax on the antenna part of the scanner and turn,it has to lock into place.

You could close the window on the coax as long as the coax is not crushed or bent to much.

So I need something metal is what your saying? Where could i get something like where its good for the outside of my window?

radingman

just ordered this antenna from scanner master.....only used it for 2 days so far but i do like it. while its not the most robust antenna, it does what its supposed to do. i know you get what you pay for, and the reception maybe/may not be better with a more expensive and better brand antenna, for the 18 bucks i paid it works better than the rubber duck that is standard w most scanners. as people point out in other posts, just getting the antenna outside the vehicle is a major improvement and based on that alone, this particular antenna solves the problem. i am now able to pick up signals (albeit some static) that i never could get and im able to receive signals very clearly that had some static.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
So I need something metal is what your saying? Where could i get something like where its good for the outside of my window?

Anything that is flat,good sized enough in length and metal.Like a pizza/cookie pan,air conditioner top, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.