How Far Away Are We From An HT Sized Device That Accesses Digital Talkgroups Without The Hotspot or RF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparks29

John McClane
An LTE/WiFi device sends a packet across a data network, to another LTE/WiFi device.

That's no different than Skype, or Zello, at that point.

AG1V

On the negative, I have had a number of serious problems with the radio. HOWEVER, the support has been wonderful and they have resolved my problems (usually within hours). Right now it does not eliminate the need for a hotspot if you don't have a local repeater, but that is coming. I've had the radio for about a month and I am a satisfied customer today.

WB8LEA

I had an odd experience with 'customer support' trying to argue politics with me instead of answering my question??? Worse than that, the customer support Facebook page is to be polite, a bit strange.

Obviously the B1 has a GPS but what I wanted to know is does the RFinder B1 have a magnetic compass sensor like 99% of all other modern Android devices? It's not listed in the specs and I got conflicting answers depending on who I asked. I'm curious to know if maps in GPS navigation apps will rotate to track up while stationary. If the device does not have a compass the maps won't rotate until you start moving.

I use my phone as a GPS so for me no compass, no sale. The specs say no but one US distributor gave me an uncertain sounding yes and the other US distributor gave me an uncertain sounding no. Can you or anyone else who owns one of these things confirm if the B1 has a magnetic compass sensor?

Thanx,

Bob, AG1V

Status
Not open for further replies.