How in the world do I program a P25 in the Uniden BCT15X?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireLt111

Assistant Fire Chief
Hello gang!

Ok, here's my problem...and I know for a FACT that there is a Uniden God out there...if I may indulge...I have been trying to program Boyd County, Kentucky Public Services Fire/EMS/Police, Please see the web link.... Boyd County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Ok...I use Proscan to program and I am so sorry...but I simply can't figure this out. PLEASE, if you have a moment, could you guys help me with this?

I am TOTALLY LOST HERE! Abit more than usual, LOL.

Thanks guys!
Pamela Lee

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
the 15x is analogue only and will not do digital such as p25, etc, you will need a digital scanner for that so youre out of luck for now.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Thank you guys for the info!

Looks like I am going to be buying a new scanner!!!!

Suggestions?
BCD996p2 would be about like the bct15x only more capable of p25 systems. The BCD536HP is very nice big brother with even more features like recording and upgrades to dmr/provoice and nxdn systems. If your budget won't fit something like $500 then check around ebay for the p25 older scanners. Also ask around in the local forums for your area about possible radio upgrading. Sometimes people buy scanners and a month later the agency changes to a new encrypted system.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
here to help you along are a rough idea of the prices i remember seeing for digital scanners.
bcd325 and bcd996p2 aprox 350 bucks, the 436/536 aprox 400 bucks and up, the sds100/200 aprox 650 bucks and up, if this helps you great.
i would recommend that you look around for the best prices that you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.