How is Pro-97 squelch tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oregontreehugger

Premium Subscriber
Okay, hopefully this is my last Pro-97 question! How is the squelch tail on the Pro-97? Long, short, average?

I'm currently spoiled with the squelch tail on my Pro-2054 which is nice and short.

Also, how is the CTCSS and DCS decoding on the Pro-97? Is there any "clipping" or delay in the beginning of transmissions where a CTCSS or DCS code is programmed in? How about the end of transmission -- nice and clean or still leaves a squelch tail?

Thanks!! :)

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
I'd say average.

I've usually been able to set the squelch and leave it, unless near a source of strong RF, like a computer.

SAR923

The squelch tail is longer than on the Pro 96, which has no squelch tail at all if you are on a frequency with CTCSS/DCS set. The squelch tail is also longer if you are on a CSQ frequency than on the Pro 96. Still, it's much less obtrusive than on previous scanners and it almost non-existent if you are listening to strong signals and can tighten up the squelch a little.

trixwagen

It is 1000% better than the squelch tail on my Pro-51, even after the mod. Pro-97 squelch tail isn't bad at all, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.