How is the Sentinal database updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tajens

Premium Subscriber
Is Sentinel database updated from Radio Reference database files? And if so how long does it take after RR is updated to update the Sentinel database ?

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
I'm not quite certain what you're asking but... I'm going to say yes.

The software is usually updated every Monday, provided there are no issues with anything.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Is Sentinel database updated from Radio Reference database files? And if so how long does it take after RR is updated to update the Sentinel database ?

Yes

Usually updated every Mon. Anything that makes it to RR by late Sun. is added (usually).

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
At about 5 pm every Sunday, our server initiates two data pulls from RadioReference's web service, one for the HomePatrol-1 and one for the BCDx36HP. These data pulls take from 8 to 10 hours to complete. To ensure that process is really finished before initiating a server update, the process to move the updates from the application server to the ftp server occurs around 9 AM.

These processes run automatically. Occasionally (rarely), either the web service aborts for some reason (sometimes RR does maintenance that takes their server down for a few minutes, breaking the data pull, for example) or the process to move the files from the application server to the ftp server fails (that happened this week, and AFAIK it is the only time this has ever happened).

This morning I manually moved the latest datasets (dated 6/22) to the ftp server, and they are now available.

tajens

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering where Sentinel gets it's information for there database updates. I thought I read someplace that it was from RR but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.