SDS100/SDS200: How is your uhf DMR /Nxdn reception, tracking, decode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
While everyone does seem to agree that p25 is great , How is uhf dmr ? If was to purchase one it would be for one p25 system I want to hear ,& LOTS of uhf DMR/Nxdn systems around me , So if uhf Dmr is a high priority , or if you were purchasing more for uhf dmr ,.would you buy the sds 100 again ? or go with something else ?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
While everyone does seem to agree that p25 is great , How is uhf dmr ? If was to purchase one it would be for one p25 system I want to hear ,& LOTS of uhf DMR/Nxdn systems around me , So if uhf Dmr is a high priority , or if you were purchasing more for uhf dmr ,.would you buy the sds 100 again ? or go with something else ?

Keep in mind, both the SDS 100 and SDS 200 are very sensitive units and in my experience are prone to additional interference at this time. If these DMR & NXDN systems have strong signals at your location, you shouldn't have any issues. If you're trying to monitor simplex DMR & NXDN, this might be an issue depending on how close you are to the source. I have many DMR & NXDN trunking systems nearby and I have reverted back to the 536HP for the time, specifically for simplex monitoring, but no issue with trunking.

Anyone else nearby would probably give you a better answer, as he/she know the terrain and interference locally. P25 simulcast shouldn't be an issue as you have come to the conclusion.

FoeHammer

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have many around me with pretty strong signals , I get them pretty well with my sdr dongle ,..but have have no way of tracking or following just certain talkgroups ,..If the sds can track uhf dmr & nxdn talkgroups without issue it would be pretty attractive to me

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Yes I have many around me with pretty strong signals , I get them pretty well with my sdr dongle ,..but have have no way of tracking or following just certain talkgroups ,..If the sds can track uhf dmr & nxdn talkgroups without issue it would be pretty attractive to me

I think you should be good then.

Status
Not open for further replies.