How Long Do Handheld Scanner Last??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I have had three scanner deaths in my immediate radio family lol.

One lies in the deep dark depths of Lake Okeechobee in Florida. Along with my tackle box, a Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver loaded with snake shot, and a $100 KaBar USMC military knife. The keys to my Tahoe. Bad day at Black Rock. That one hurt. Radio Shack Pro-43

I had one stolen from a locked hotel room in Scranton, PA. Had to be a maid. Or a maintenance guy with a master key. BC245XLT

And I left one in a restaurant, along with a cell phone, in a truck stop diner in Denton TX. I called there from OKC and nobody knew a thing. AOR AR8000 that time. I remember the cell phone was a brand new StarTac flip phone. That one hurt, too.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I have had three scanner deaths in my immediate radio family lol.

One lies in the deep dark depths of Lake Okeechobee in Florida. Along with my tackle box, a Taurus Model 94 .22 revolver loaded with snake shot, and a $100 KaBar USMC military knife. The keys to my Tahoe. Bad day at Black Rock. That one hurt. Radio Shack Pro-43

I had one stolen from a locked hotel room in Scranton, PA. Had to be a maid. Or a maintenance guy with a master key. BC245XLT

And I left one in a restaurant, along with a cell phone, in a truck stop diner in Denton TX. I called there from OKC and nobody knew a thing. AOR AR8000 that time. I remember the cell phone was a brand new StarTac flip phone. That one hurt, too.
I get the same twinge I got before when you were talking about the Boating incident JD. My condolences for all of your losses.

I've had a few significant losses over the years but recently I lost my psr-800. It was a natural death and a peaceful one. It died in it's sleep. I went to wake it up and it never came on and didn't say anything but just passed. I tried to revive it with new batteries and some CPR but... It was gone. Rip old friend.

menkes

I've had a few die, Pro 34, BC100 X2, Regency HT 1000.
But I have a Fanon- Courier 4 Xtal I bought in 1973, still going!

Status
Not open for further replies.