How long does it take for frequeny info to be posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I just submited scanner info and i was wondering how long it takes to be posted. Any info would be very helful thankyou. Also im taking my ham radio test on this saturday where can i enter my callsign like everybody else.

Thanks, sincerely KD8***

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I just submited scanner info and i was wondering how long it takes to be posted. Any info would be very helful thankyou. Also im taking my ham radio test on this saturday where can i enter my callsign like everybody else.
I don't understand your first question as you posted in the Forums Admin forum. Are you referring to scanner info for the database? There is a separate forum for database questions.

Regarding adding your callsign...you can always search for help, which is what I did. See this post:
http://forums.radioreference.com/forums-administration/241531-adding-amateur-radio-icon-profile.html

SCPD

QRT
Sorry, i ment to say how long does it take for submited info to be posted in the reference database.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry, i ment to say how long does it take for submited info to be posted in the reference database.

Hi Jack,

It could take a week, It could happen moments after you submit it. It all depends on what else an admin has on his/her schedule. Just be patient. Your submission(s) will get worked.

Take care,

Mike

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
I've even had it take a MONTH for a submission to be processed!

Note to Admins: Im not lying, exaggerating, ect.....
For proof, the submission number was: 130611

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

No need for proof. I'm sure that on occasion it has taken that long for a submission to be worked. There are a lot of factors that play into that.

1. admin MIA

* admins have lives that take precedence over this website (imagine that)
* admin sick
* admin on vacation

2. submission requires dialog, submitter isn't dialoging

* submitter hasn't whitelisted RR mail and it's going in their spam folder
* submitter is offended because admin asks for clarification and does not respond
* submitter simply doesn't check site/email often to know if further dialog is needed

3. submission is sitting waiting for the "right" admin to pick it up.

In some cases specific admins handle specific areas because they are most familiar with them. If the admins who handle those areas do not pick it up after a while, another admin will usually pick it up

4. admin has picked it up but has not worked it because they are attempting to figure out the best way to represent the data in the db

There are all kinds of possibilities, but more often than not it has nothing to do with the admin but rather the admin has picked it the ticket and requires further dialog with the submitter, which the admin is waiting on.

Mike

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

* submitter is offended because admin asks for clarification and does not respond
* submitter simply doesn't check site/email often to know if further dialog is needed

There are all kinds of possibilities, but more often than not it has nothing to do with the admin but rather the admin has picked it the ticket and requires further dialog with the submitter, which the admin is waiting on.

This is by far the #1 reason I've had to hang on to submissions for more than a day or two. Great post.

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
No need for proof. I'm sure that on occasion it has taken that long for a submission to be worked. There are a lot of factors that play into that.

1. admin MIA

* admins have lives that take precedence over this website (imagine that)
* admin sick
* admin on vacation

3. submission is sitting waiting for the "right" admin to pick it up.

In some cases specific admins handle specific areas because they are most familiar with them. If the admins who handle those areas do not pick it up after a while, another admin will usually pick it up

4. admin has picked it up but has not worked it because they are attempting to figure out the best way to represent the data in the db

Mike

Yes, I've got you!
Please note: I wasn't trying to offend anyone!
Just telling that guy some stuff, ect.....!

RonnieUSA

It took me a month ( well maybe not a month) after I found a system that even wasn't supposed to be near me, but I got it changed after time with the right info submitted.

And I'm still working on it.

Darn those trunked systems.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes, I've got you!
Please note: I wasn't trying to offend anyone!
Just telling that guy some stuff, ect.....!

I believe you. I didn't mean to sound like I was offended either. I only posted here because I'm an admin in the state the OP has/had an open submission. Just wanted him to know there are reasons why tickets aren't always worked instantly [or even daily]. His submissions will be worked :)

Mike

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
I understand.
You didn't sound at all like you were offended,
I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't being disrespectful,
Or anything!

GumbyCT

Having read and understanding all of the above the question I have is... a new freq is listed in the CT database but I can't seem to find or select it (Naug) w/Win500 ver 2.06, am I doing something wrong?

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber

For the record, I just had one take about 4 hours!

Also, gumby, I'd start a thread about that in either this forum, or the Scanner Programming Software forum! You'll probably get more attention in the latter!

Status
Not open for further replies.