How long does it usually take for Sentinel to reflect RR database updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Station51

This isn't verified information, however
I have read on here that the Sentinel database
updates each Monday from RR
I usually check on a Tuesday if I'm
going to update my database.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The database is downloaded from RR into Uniden servers on Sunday nights (IIRC) and made ready for Sentinel on Monday mornings (Central time).

I'm in the Mountain time zone and generally find it to be ready around 0900, so for you in NYC it'd be 1100 Mondays.

If the DB admin assigned to your submission has worked the data prior to let's say 6pm Sunday, I'd think it would be in for the next morning, otherwise it would be the following Monday.

D

DaveNF2G

Your copy of Sentinel will reflect the latest database update as soon as you use the Update Master HPDB button.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Your copy of Sentinel will reflect the latest database update as soon as you use the Update Master HPDB button.

Not at all true. Hitting "Update Master HPDB" will only bring you up to the same state the RRDB was in on the most recent Sunday night previous to you doing that action, as Uniden downloads the RRDB on Sundays and uploads it to ftp.homepatrol.com on Mondays. As I said above.

D

DaveNF2G

I just wanted to make sure that the OP understood that, at the scanner end, the "automatic" updating is not a passive process.

hydrasports

How often do you update the "Update Master HPDB" to your scanner? I was figuring if I updated it every 6 months or so I would keep up to date or is that not often enough?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Depends on where you are, what you scan, and what's changed. Really no way to answer that definitively.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The only way to know is to update the database and see what's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.