How Many 2m/70 cm Repeaters Do You Monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
interesting. I never saw it that way as having a computer in line didn’t matter. Also forums aren’t live audio discussions nor is a Skype call available for others to listen to or join in. I guess I see manny differences.

Are you against digital modes or SDRs as well, because those require a computer or computer-like mechanism?

Kaleier1

interesting. I never saw it that way as having a computer in line didn’t matter. Also forums aren’t live audio discussions nor is a Skype call available for others to listen to or join in. I guess I see manny differences.

Are you against digital modes or SDRs as well, because those require a computer or computer-like mechanism?
Chat apps are real time. No radio required.

No on digital modes or SDRs. Microprocessors and micro-controllers have been used in radios since the 1980's. It's not the computer. It's going through the internet. You can have an SDR that picks up radio signals and doesn't use the internet

edweirdFL

I usually only monitor 1 VHF repeater when I leave my house, and the other VFO on my HT is used for APRS.

The repeater that I monitor is one of two that the local club I belong to operates and it sees very little traffic.

My HF buddies whom I meet with for HF QRP ops in parks all use SMS for coordination and passing along DX spots. None of them are regular repeater users.

If I feel the urge to have some repeater like QSOs then I fire up my OpenSpot2 and connect to one of the popular DStar reflectors. There's activity almost all the time there where locally it's sporadic and rare.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I monitor 3 VHF repeaters.

1 P25 repeater on the P25NX network, 1 P25 repeater running Pi-Star and 1 analog repeater the locals use. I own all three repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.