How Many BCD996XT made to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennrth

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering as a matter of curiuosity if there is anyone or web site that has any information as to how many units were made to date. Other models would be of interest also.

dkemple1

You might try calling Uniden, I doubt they would have a problem divulging that information. I have called companies before just to ask a question about their product, they are generally very helpful.

scannersnstuff

yup, i got one too. that make's ?. pretty soon it will be like mickey d's. billions & billions served. i forget exactly what the expert's said,but if you put all those burgers end to end, they would circle the earth so many time's.

sjlamb

yup, i got one too. that make's ?. pretty soon it will be like mickey d's. billions & billions served. i forget exactly what the expert's said,but if you put all those burgers end to end, they would circle the earth so many time's.

Coolio.... That makes four documented 996XT's so far. Keep em' coming so we get an accurate count. As a side benefit... this could turn into the longest thread ever in the history of Radio reference.

JPSan

That information would be considered confidential, sorry.

WOW...Didn't realize that revealing how many scanners Uniden sells would be "CONFIDENTIAL" I guess national security and all prohibits release of such (LOL)....To me I would think that the amount of units sold would be SOMETHING a company would be PROUD to reveal...I guess there is something they ARE AFRAID to reveal, hhmmm....LOL ....SSHHH...secret...LOL....Stop the counting!!!... LOL...Next we WILL NOT BE ABLE SAY if WE EVEN own a 996....Oh no there at my door....Sorry, this posting NO LONGER EXISTS........no carrier......

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
I've got two and if I can find a place that's not out of stock I'm going to order another one today....................

Mike

tatanka01

Premium Subscriber
You could figure it out without too much trouble.

Find a few folks who got very early units. From that, you should be able to figure out the starting serial number.

Ask around for S/N's of people who have gotten one real recently.

Subtract.

Won't be perfect, but should give you a ballpark figure.

A lot of companies consider this sort of thing confidential because sales numbers tell the competition stuff that's "none of their business."

Status
Not open for further replies.