How many favorites & how many frequencies can you have

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrasports

If you own a 436 or 536 how many favorites can you have and how many frequencies can you have in each favorite?

I am glad to let you all know I was finally able to download sentinel to my computer thanks to a buddy of mine showing me the way!! I am now setting up multiple favorites one for each town that I want to scan. How do you all set up your favorites? Do you set all police in one, fire in another and so on? Or do you have them set up like me for each town is a different favorite?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The only limits having major impacts are the file size of a Favorites List and the capacity of the SD card.

Favorites Lists are limited to 1 MB. I have a statewide system with 280 sites, averaging 5 control channel frequencies per site, at least 1,700 talkgroup IDs and almost 2,000 Unit ID entries. The size of that file is 652 KB.

SD cards up to 32 GB can be used. So that's 32,000 completely maxed out Favorites Lists.

Organizing Favorites Lists can be done so many different ways. It's like trying to say which color of paint to use - different tastes for different folks. My advice is to tinker around and do it the way that makes most sense to you. You are the one using the scanner and have to remember how its all set up. My only suggestion to to learn as much as you can about Quick Keys and use them liberally.

hydrasports

Yea, I was first thinking of setting it up like that gonefishn1 but the towns around me done have many frequencies so i was thinking one favorite for each town. Basically 10 favorites with multiple say 10 or more frequencies each.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
My suggestion would be to set each town up as its own Department and then assign Department Quick Keys. (That's the way "things" would show up if you create a Favorites List using Sentinel.)

The method Gonefishin1 uses is also a decent option as one can easily switch to "just" police/fire/ems with a couple of button presses.

The neat thing about these scanners is that you can do something a lot of different ways. The only cost for experimenting is time.

Status
Not open for further replies.