How Many repeater sites shoud I program into my new BCD536HP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulfc

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning,

I am setting up my new scanner in the southeast suburbs of Phoenix and am wondering if I need to program in any repeater sites beyond the closest one or will one repeater site be sufficient. If I wanted to listen to FD Fire ground traffic on the other side of the valley, would I need to include a west side repeater? I realize this is a newbie question, but I appreciate the advice and guidance. Thank you.

Paul

safetyobc

I guess it would depend on if you will be traveling or not? If it is stationary and all the traffic will come through the closest repeater, then just the 1 will be good.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Hello Paul,

Congrats on the new scanner. I just started using one of these recently too. Prepare for a bit of a learning curve and prepare for a lot of advice.

I'm not familiar with Phoenix area communications and I did not bother to look it up so my advice is pretty generic. If you are listening to a simulcast system then there is only one set of frequencies to enter, but you seem to know there are multiple sites. I assume then this is not a simulcast system. In this case it could be that you need to add adjacent sites or any other sites that cover the regions you want to monitor assuming you are in range. It very well could be that you will not hear traffic on your local site if the units are being received and rebroadcast by another site unless another unit is affiliated on your local site for the particular talk group of interest. Experiment. It's part of the fun of the hobby.

Rick

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may wish to raise this question in the Arizona forum. I understand that Phoenix has a complicated system. So local input may be most helpful.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You may wish to raise this question in the Arizona forum. I understand that Phoenix has a complicated system. So local input may be most helpful.

You should've asked your question in the AZ forum...

The proper way would be to have him "Report" this thread and ask it be moved as opposed to advising him to cross-post.

With that being said, I'm closing this one since he did ask the same question in the AZ forum...

http://forums.radioreference.com/ar...program-into-my-new-bcd536hp.html#post2670960

Status
Not open for further replies.