How many scanners do you listen to?

How many scanners do you NORMALLY listen to at the same time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
hom many scanners

i listen to bc396t, pro 2022 modified, bc60xlt-1. pro 2022 stays at home the two portables go to work everyday i have two cell phone holders in the dash air vents of the car and computer multi media speakers at work to amplify the sound for

kennyblues

Usually I have 8 radios running. A Uniden 796 & 996 for federal and military stuff. 2 uniden 780's 1 for the MA State Police TRS, 1 for Fire Departments throughout MA & RI, 1 Pro 2035 for local & Boston PD's, 1 Uniden 855 for local PD, 1 PRO 2050 for local FD, 1 Yaesu FRG 100 for HF. Also a Uniden 250, 396, Pro 96 and PRO 2006 Standing by.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
scanners

I have two scanners going at the same time and then there are times I will have a live feed of a scanner going on my computer at the same time.
Steve

kc9kfj

I always have my ASTRO Saber on my citys police dispatch channel.I also usualy have my PRO-96 scanning the rest of my county and the next county over.

Ranger45

I have two Scanners that I listen too: Pro-97 handheld that I carry with me & Pro-2055 that I have in my truck. I keep both scanners programmed with the same frequencies; some times if things get interesting I will have both running at the same time.

Dallas, Texas

w0fg

Depends on where I am. In the living room, 2; a M-RK VHF w/t and an old Pro-2045. In my office, 4 or 5; the M-RK VHF, a M-RK EDACS, a Syntor VHF, and two dedicated airband scanners. In the POV, usually just the TM-D700A, although at times the M-RKs may be onboard as well.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
I have no life...

PRO-96 scanning mixed conventional and trunked systems at home and in the car;
PRO-96 scanning analog and digital Suffolk (NY) TRS;
PRO-2055 scanning LTR;
BC 200 XLT scanning conventional frequencies w/10 priorities set;
HT1250 monitoring my fire department (goes on calls w/me, of course).

I'll turn on the other scanners as needed.

Of course, this configuration will change once I get my PSR-500.

At work, my Excursion is equipped with all Motorola gear, monitoring FDNY Queens, EMS Queens West, EMS Queens East, EMS Queens 800 mHz trunked, the Nextel, and a Mobile Data Terminal. I am expected to monitor and respond to each, all while on patrol. You just get used to it.

Last edited:

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
RogerH11 said:
I listen and rotate from around 30 radios although I gave a couple away. I have usually 8 handhelds laying around and 1 or 2 base units and handhelds per room. Most time two hand/base units per room other than bathroom.
How many are in the bathroom?

SLWilson

Several !

I have my old reliable Uniden /Bearcat BC760 XLT running all the time in the living room, my Radio Shack Pro58 and Pro 2096 running in the kitchen, my Pro2026 (Patrolman Model) running upstairs and take the Pro96 with me mobile....

Call me a nut I guess....

Plus my two-way gear in my county truck for work....

Steve/KB8FAR :D

RadioWARE

This is a funny question. I guess it deals with ones comfort level. Mine is "Two is one, One is none" That being said, I use scanners in place of "Banks". I have about 6 going at once usually but can fire up as many as twenty when needed. I use the same methodology with guns, knives, lights and HT's. Why a spare clip when you can have a second gun loaded and ready to go? Why a spare battery for your flashlight or HT when you can just grab another? Makes perfect sense to me. :)

SCPD

QRT
RogerH11 with 30 scanners did you ever have or had did you ever hv any trble with the uniden100xlt,200xlt or pro43 with the buttons on the keypad not always working or that you hv to hit several times to get a freq nbr in..also anyone out there know of a way to remedy this problem tnx..newbie but an old one.. pro96 pro2052 pro43(2) ubc200xlt & ubc100xlt...

RogerH11

bobf9f5 said:
RogerH11 with 30 scanners did you ever have or had did you ever hv any trble with the uniden100xlt,200xlt or pro43 with the buttons on the keypad not always working or that you hv to hit several times to get a freq nbr in..also anyone out there know of a way to remedy this problem tnx..newbie but an old one.. pro96 pro2052 pro43(2) ubc200xlt & ubc100xlt...

I don't have a PRO 43 but have heard of the problem. Search the net and see if you can find a replacement keypad. My oldest radio is a 2006 and my two oldest H/Hs are a Pro 51 and 2500 XLT.

hill

Premium Subscriber
PRO-2096 for local P25 transmissions and if not on P25, than scanning interop freqs and federal freqs.

RELM MS200 doing State PD low band, state highway dept, other counties fire dispatches, and other area conventional freqs.

VHF-FM marine radio scanning marine/USCG used in Coast Guard Auxiliary activities.

I have files and software to reprogram these radios when traveling out of home area.

Listen to different, but about the same number of radios when at home.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.