How Many States Currently Have Statewide Trunked Radio Systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Does anybody here know how many states currently have statewide trunked radio systems? I am in Minnesota and most public safety users are on ARMER. In nearby Wisconsin they have WISCOM, but I gather that most public safety agencies there are not using it, however.

Is the following pretty accurate?

Last edited:

nd5y

The wiki article only reflects systems where somebody started a wiki article.
I haven't checked to see if every statewide public safety trunked system has a wiki article.
I also appears to include some, likeTxWARN and OKWIN, that don't cover the whole state.

JASII

Memory Capacity
It seems like most of the statewide trunked system near me are either VHF high band, like the South Dakota State Radio System and Wisconsin's
WISCOM (although that has some 700/800 Hz components, too. Or, 800 MHz, like Minnesota ARMER and Michigan Public Safety Communication System MPSCS.

Has anybody here ran across any statewide trunked radio system's for public safety on UHF 400 Mhz?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Alaska has a statewide trunked system. Mostly VHF. Anchorage is part of the state system but on 700. Almost all encrypted.

No statewide trunked systems in California are operational, but may be built out in the future.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
It seems like most of the statewide trunked system near me are either VHF high band, like the South Dakota State Radio System and Wisconsin's
WISCOM (although that has some 700/800 Hz components, too. Or, 800 MHz, like Minnesota ARMER and Michigan Public Safety Communication System MPSCS.

Has anybody here ran across any statewide trunked radio system's for public safety on UHF 400 Mhz?

Yes, West Virgnia.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Kentucky doesn't have a trunked statewide system but a VHF High Band Conventional P25 system utilized by the National Guard and EMA, it's in the 139Mhz range and it very reliable but no public safety users use it.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Ohio has MARCS (Multi-Agency Radio Communications). It's used by all state agencies, many county and city agencies, Medical Choppers and a bunch of Misc. It is probably one of the largest nationwide as to users and sites.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I might take the challenge of programming as many systems as possible into my Unication G5. I would be able to cover the entire United States, but withFull spectrum and careful planning, I could get a bunch of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.