How NOT To Request ScannerCast Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah,one question,,
is the program free?..

to the emailer,,
cool your jets mate,take a step back from teh kboard,have a cocktail-maybe a nice shot of whiskey,,

now listin son,you can get all riled up,typing cuss words til your fingers are bloody.wheres it gettin you..

maybe you should think of bringing some meat to the table,,not just your empty plate.

im not a user of the program,,but for christs sake,,common decency is still expected..

jrplmil

Perhaps he can look at windows as they are changing with every update. I have programs that no longer work so who should I blame? Its just progress and all I can say is deal with it

nhscannerman

Your so right

Look what he sent to our admin team:

I agree that this guy was way way out of line here and I can NOT see why he has to be so abusive. OK let me lay out a few pointers please.

1.Ok so I am having the same issue as he is. Don't we all?

2. I have asked in a nice way to ask for help, NOT to be abusive about it. Does not make any sense to me.

3. Now if I was one of the admins, I'd would have him banned but that's not my job to decide

4. To get respect is that you have to give it first. Respect also never comes for free on a silver platter it has to be earned.

thomasfd13

I just want to say Thank You to Peter and the entire group of people that make this possible. Maybe we should do a thank you form just because a lot of times we see how ignorant some jack wagons can be. As a feed provider myself; when I first started there were quite a few emails between myself and another to help get the bugs out of my stream and never would I have thought about going off the deep end over such a problem. Guys, keep up the hard work to make this possible and thanks again to the Admin and especially the Feed providers for doing their part.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
well, let me tell you!!! blah, blah, blah!!! and blah, blah. blah!!! ha ha. Actually I use scannercast and I love it. it is the easiest streaming program I have ever used. So take that Mr. Inconsiderate-lol.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Another thumbs up for me with Scannercast.... it's been rock solid on my machine. Unfortunately I had to switch from it to ProScan, only because I'm now using a BC780XLT as my stream source and Scannercast won't do alpha tags from the older radios.

dampier

Feed Provider
With respect, nothing in this thread should have ever gone public.

You are always going to get a few cranks who can't control their frustration and take it out on whoever they can reach. I get that on my own website from time to time. I just delete the messages -- not worth my time, and certainly not worth the energy of cutting and pasting it into a public forum.

Taking this public does nothing because the frustrated person either won't see it, or will feel a need to defend it or spew more bile, only this time it's open for all to see. I thought the point of the rule against moderator attacks was to keep this stuff out of the forums.

Private e-mail should remain private. That's my two cents, anyway.

bgav

With respect, nothing in this thread should have ever gone public.

You are always going to get a few cranks who can't control their frustration and take it out on whoever they can reach. I get that on my own website from time to time. I just delete the messages -- not worth my time, and certainly not worth the energy of cutting and pasting it into a public forum.

Taking this public does nothing because the frustrated person either won't see it, or will feel a need to defend it or spew more bile, only this time it's open for all to see. I thought the point of the rule against moderator attacks was to keep this stuff out of the forums.

Private e-mail should remain private. That's my two cents, anyway.

To be fair, neither Peter nor Lindsay "outed" the author. For Peter, I think it's reasonable for him to post what he has to deal with when supporting a *free* program. For a site admin or moderator, this gives the membership a small glimpse of what they have to deal with on a daily basis.

Yes, the content of the private messages were made public, but the identity of the author was not divulged.

Status
Not open for further replies.