How NOT To Request ScannerCast Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterGV

K1PGV
I've worked with lots of RR Live Audio providers over the past several months. They've all, every one of them, been really nice folks.

But sigh! You know there just has to be an exception. I got this in email earlier today:

Peter
I am a member of radioreference and I saw the program that they want to be used apparently of yours and truthfully IT SUCKS!
I cant get the program to configure correctly and to get the damn thing to work. I click on the icon and first I* get a message that
sayn

handled exception occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and will attempt to
continue. if you click Quit, the application will close immediatly.
Could not load file or assembly Istrb Sound. Version+ 1.0.0.0 Culture = neutral. Public Key Token=nul or one of it's dependencies.
The system cannot find the file specified.

(This happens every time I start using this ****ty program)

next i click on continue
Then no matter what the F*&^%K i click on I get another F#$%^&G error message. THIS PROGRAM SIMPLY SUCKS! I dont know
how you ever conned radioreference to use this program and get its clients to use this.
If you have ANY IDEA of why this isn't working and you have a solution to this program Please let me know.

So, I'm supposed to take abuse from this guy, and help him fix his problem? I think that's pretty funny.

What generally works in terms of requesting help getting a feed going is posting a question here... or even better in the Live Audio Administration section. Between the RR Audio Admins (who have a LOT of experience with this stuff) and me, we can usually get folks squared away pretty quickly.

What generally doesn't work is sending me email and insulting me.

Just so you know :)

Peter
K1PGV

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I would like to add that while Scannercast is now the default streaming app, there is nothing preventing users from continuing to use Oddcast or whatever other streaming apps they used in the past. I haven't yet taken the scannercast plunge, and am continuing to use Oddcast without issue.

-AZ

brandon

Database Admin
Sounds like he is missing .Net perhaps?
I know what you mean though.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Look what he sent to our admin team:

You know what,
THIS PROGRAM AS I SAID IN THE OTHER EMAIL SUCKS! I Cannot GET THE PROGRAM TO
WORK,
AND GET ANY HELP. I EVEN EMAILED THE JACKASS THAT MADE THIS STUPID PROGRAM
AND I
CANT GET ANY HELP FROM HIM EITHER. I HAVE HAD IT!!!!! . PLEASE SHUT THE
GODDAMN THING
DOWN, TAKE MY INFORMATION OFF AND I WILL NOT USE THE FEED. I WILL REMAIN AS
A PREFERED
CUSTOMER BUT I WILL *NO LONGER USE THE FEED.
Thank you

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Unreal. Cluelessness abounds, and is way too often followed by irrational behavior such as that. Hopefully it isn't tolerated.

If that guy considers that "honey", I am guessing the only bees he will be getting with it are Africanized ones :)

M

cfr301

When people act like that, they want attention and loose self control. I'd give him the attention he wants, Banned for the greater good for irrational emails insulting other members and profane language. If he has a feed up take it down, until such time as he apologizes to RadioReference and most of all to the Author of Scannercast. Action like his can only be met with a swift "we don't tolerate this response" !

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I am running ScannerCast x 10. No issues and no problems. The one time I had a question, I contacted Peter and he was quick to respond with a great solution. Thank you Peter for your hard work and dedication.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
Ignore it Peter! There are a few thousand of us that think you're doing terrific work with ScannerCast!

Kind of like one of the lines from The Wizard of Oz... "Pay no attention to the dork behind the curtain".

tipster67

Peter, just ignore the A$$hole. I got my feed up and running with in 10 minutes of downloading. I will admit, it probably would take a 5 year old at least 20 minutes to get it working.... Thanks for your programming and time. I too hope this guy is given a few long break from here.

georgew0819

Requesting help

1 - Act like a complete ___________ (fill in the blank) complaining about a free program that others have used with no problem and have sung praises about.

2 - Take out anger on other people just because they recommend using a free program that is pretty much idiot proof (even a caveman could do it).

Entertainment value provided to RR members by acting as described above;

Priceless......

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
What a dick! There aren't that many simple, straight forward streaming apps out there so to take this attitude it's best the community not have him. I deal with people like this frequently on here. It can be a downer so I understand.

Peter, FWIW, I just started using the software a few days ago as I got tired of EdCast hogging resources. I got it up and running quickly and was surprised I had not tried it earlier.

K

kb0nly

ScannerCast has been nothing but a pain, i'm going to go back to OddCast... It keeps disconnecting listeners randomly, and i see others posting about this now.... The program works, i will not agree with that guy regarding that, but i can say its not reliable as i have to babysit it to keep it going.

KC8ULU

Premium Subscriber
Eh, don't give in, Peter. I'm running ScannerCast RR and the feed sounds fine. Mostly it's on my end with equipment (rubber duck antenna...ahh, the joys of apartment life. Maybe I should just hang my discone from our ceiling :) ) noise.

Keep up the good work, and I'll keep sending out our little county's feed!

73! KC8ULU

cfr301

ScannerCast has been nothing but a pain, i'm going to go back to OddCast... It keeps disconnecting listeners randomly, and i see others posting about this now.... The program works, i will not agree with that guy regarding that, but i can say its not reliable as i have to babysit it to keep it going.

You have been crabbing and complaining and I suspect emailing your dislike for this program for over a week, do us a favor use whatever works for you and stop bad mouthing what doesn't. From what I've read its more than likely..OPERATOR ERROR!

Status
Not open for further replies.