How often does Uniden Update from RR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael706

I recently sent a fire department in my are to be added to the database, RR added it the next day. When I have updated the Sentinal software the department does not show up. How often or when does Uniden make the update from RR?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I recently sent a fire department in my are to be added to the database, RR added it the next day. When I have updated the Sentinal software the department does not show up. How often or when does Uniden make the update from RR?
The HP1 database is updated once a week. I believe Uniden takes the data as of sometime Sunday, then processes that into the database update that is posted on Monday for download into Sentinel. (For the GRE scanners, PSR-700 & PSR-800, they are also once a week, but I'm thinking they're updates are on a different day; for some reason, I believe that might be Saturday. But they'd still need a little lead time between getting the input from RadioReference, then releasing that into a database download for their units.)

Occasionally, when there has been an unusually large number of changes, or some other factor, Uniden (and perhaps GRE) has released a database update other than the usual Monday schedule. And, occasionally, technical problems have caused a slight delay.

So, in your case, if the update to the database was made too late to make the cut for this week, it won't show until next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.