How to add channels w/ Sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AE7Q

Premium Subscriber
I've downloaded and installed the Sentinel software (v1.02.01) for the BCDx36HP, for evaluation BEFORE I possibly purchase the BCD536HP scanner. I have the BCD996XT and FreeScan, and I've added a whole bunch of frequencies (eg, local amateur repeaters) to the BCD996XT that are missing or inadequate in the RR database. If I buy the BCD536HP, I'd obviously like to move that data from the BCD996XT to the BCD536HP. Questions:

1. Am I missing something, or with Sentinel for the BCDx36HP software, is there no way to manually add channels?
2. Is there any way to DIRECTLY correct typos in the downloaded database (I've installed the 2014-06-08 version)?
3. Is there any way to even VIEW the latitude/longitude of database entries???

After seeing the BCD536HP yesterday, I almost purchased one this morning. However, I thought I should first check out the software. It's a bit of a shock to see that there is no .CSV file import ...

bama9999

Yes, using Sentinel you can add frequencies/TGID's, etc... manually. You can correct the typos only after you've moved that data into a favorites list that you create. You can see the lat/long info after you add the things you want to hear in a favorites list.

Another option, and one that would help everybody, is to submit the corrected information here at RR so that the database can be corrected and downloaded by users in a future update.

AE7Q

Premium Subscriber
Solutions!!!

Yes, using Sentinel you can add frequencies/TGID's, etc... manually. You can correct the typos only after you've moved that data into a favorites list that you create. You can see the lat/long info after you add the things you want to hear in a favorites list.

Another option, and one that would help everybody, is to submit the corrected information here at RR so that the database can be corrected and downloaded by users in a future update.

AE7Q said:
OK, how? I previously created a favorites list and populated it via "Add channels on Range ..." menu item. The channels are there, but I don't see a way to do what you describe.

OK, I found it. Boy, that's not obvious, but it'll do.

AE7Q said:
Any way to do an import (eg, .CSV file) to save me a lot of work?

A simple cut-and-paste from Excel works, for multiple channels at a time ... EXCELLENT !!!

And yes, I've previously submitted changes to RR, which is why one local airport's frequencies are no longer six years out of date. I do plan on adding the several other airports that are just plain missing ...

Last edited:

ASAD

Is there a way I can add 3rd country to my BCD536HP via Sentinel?

mciupa

Is there a way I can add 3rd country to my BCD536HP via Sentinel?

Try creating your own favorite list, and populate it manually with frequencies from your country.

Status
Not open for further replies.