• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

How To Adjust Squelch Tail on IC-FR4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

K5EAG

Our Club just acquired an ICOM IC-FR400 Repeater and I am trying to customize it a bit. I have the programming software and cable already and have successfully updated the CW identifier by adding "/R" at the end of the CW ID.
Here are the things I am looking for:
1. How to adjust the Talk Time Setting for 3 minutes
2. How to adjust the length of the Squelch Tail at the end of a transmission
3. How to adjust the length of the time after the Squelch Tone

Thanks in advance!
73 Bill Miller K5EAG

merlin

I don't know the software 'yet' but usually under general settings>timer options, this should have a CCtimer you can set.
That should solve #1
#2 is more up to the station transmitting, enabling STE reverses the phase of the tone and quiets the receiver before the transmitter unkeys. Option is going all digital.
#3 too vague to know specifically the time you are looking for.

Hey Bill, did you once have a service shop in city of industry?
73s

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
#1 Common Setting > Common > RPT TOT

#2 Common Setting > Common > Hang ON

#3 Common Setting > Common > C. Tone during Hang ON. Think that is what you're asking. Turns on/off tone during squelch tail. Still uses Hang ON timer.

K5EAG

I don't know the software 'yet' but usually under general settings>timer options, this should have a CCtimer you can set.
That should solve #1
#2 is more up to the station transmitting, enabling STE reverses the phase of the tone and quiets the receiver before the transmitter unkeys. Option is going all digital.

73s

Thanks Merlin for your reply and comments. Apparently this Icom FR4000 Repeater will only allow a DTMF tone or CWID at a time. It will not let me have both. I will check out your #2 comment later today and see if I can make any difference.
#3 issue has been fixed. At the end of each transmission, there is a brief 1 second pause before the Repeater drops out. That is fine, however, we would like a Courtesy Tone at the end of each transmission. When I add the DTMF setting, it cancels out the CWID feature.

Now to answer your question about a Service Shot in City of Industry, No, that was not me. I spent 27 years in the Navy and been to or through City of Industry a few times while travelling through that part of the state.
Thanks again for your help and comments. Should you happen to run across anything else helpful, please send it my way.....
Bill Miller - K5EAG

K5EAG

#1 Common Setting > Common > RPT TOT

#2 Common Setting > Common > Hang ON

#3 Common Setting > Common > C. Tone during Hang ON. Think that is what you're asking. Turns on/off tone during squelch tail. Still uses Hang ON timer.

Thanks for your reply and comments. I will check on your suggestions later today and see what happens.,

K5EAG

That should solve #1

73s

Hey Merlin, would it be possible to contact you directly? Can you send me an email so we could possibly exchange phone numbers?
My email address is: billmiller1@sbcglobal.net

merlin

Thanks Merlin for your reply and comments. Apparently this Icom FR4000 Repeater will only allow a DTMF tone or CWID at a time. It will not let me have both. I will check out your #2 comment later today and see if I can make any difference.
#3 issue has been fixed. At the end of each transmission, there is a brief 1 second pause before the Repeater drops out. That is fine, however, we would like a Courtesy Tone at the end of each transmission. When I add the DTMF setting, it cancels out the CWID feature.

Now to answer your question about a Service Shot in City of Industry, No, that was not me. I spent 27 years in the Navy and been to or through City of Industry a few times while travelling through that part of the state.
Thanks again for your help and comments. Should you happen to run across anything else helpful, please send it my way.....
Bill Miller - K5EAG
Sounds a bit like an old repeater I helped build up for ham service. Seems the CWID sits dead until it activates and only robs the repeater at that time. Turns on TX if not already up and just inserts modulation. Using DTMF to bring up the repeater is a separate control configuration, but usually switches in autopatch.
No digital channel guard in those days, but no different.
Open repeater, just the carrier detect turns on the transmit, or private, channel guard controls that.
I see you need to scrutinize the control panel documentation.
I'l send an email, we can go from there.
73s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.