DSDPlus How to always listen to highest priority talkgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrober

Hi,

I use DSDPlus with two RTL-SDR receivers. The setup works extremely well.

Our local trunk system includes both police and fire. I want to hear every police broadcast.

If the voice channel is currently on a fire channel and a police talk group becomes active, I want the voice channel to immediately switch to the police channel.

Is there a way to do this with DSDPlus?

Thanks,
John

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Yes it can be done. Edit the dsdplus.groups file.
Lower the fire priority TG or raise the PD priority TG. A lower number is higher priority than say 99. (50 is generally the default)
Can be done in the channel window during a call as well.
pretty sure it's in the notes.

jsrober

Lower the fire priority TG or raise the PD priority TG. A lower number is higher priority than say 99. (50 is generally the default)
Thank you for responding. I appreciate it.

I have it set up this way, but it does not seem to interrupt a fire transmission for a higher priority police transmission. It allows the fire transmission to keep playing and I don't hear the police transmission. Should the lower priority fire transmission be immediately stopped a soon as the police transmission starts?

John

jsrober

I was wrong. It's working as you described. It appears to be interrupting lower priority transmissions to play higher priority. It didn't seem to be working that way, but as I watch closer it's working. Thanks for your help and patience with me.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.