How to apply new firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinto

Hello. I just got my 396t with the cable and have downloaded the latest firmware from uniden. I have searched the formums and cannot find how to apply this. I am a little conserned about doing this without some guidance. Can some please walk me through this? I have tried to follow the directions as they pop up but cannot find the .scn file they are referring to HELP!!!

warrior420

The scn file is the firmware file. It is "applied" or uploaded to the scanner via BC_VUP program also from the Uniden site. I would find this pointless right now though as the much anticipated new firmware is close to coming out to the public.

Chinto

I downloaded the file and it said to located the .scn file where would that be?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This would actually be a terrific topic for a wiki article. Each of the firmware versions, and the latest updater software name, could be cataloged for each of the scanners, along with the procedure. Each time a new update is issued, the article can easily be updated, along, perhaps with where the 2 pieces can be found (sometimes in the scanner's Yahoo group)

73 Mike

warrior420

U need a program to update the scanner and the firmware file itself. U need both of these. They are on the samme page at Uniden. Make a folder on your desktop if you cant keep track of file locations. The scn file is the firmware. Sounds like you only have the software that performs the update/.

Chinto

Warrior420 your last post shed some light on my problem it appears this is a software update and not a update for the scanner. This is what I was trying to put in:

1.5.2.1 Firmware updater for the BCD396T

I apologize for my ignorance and thanks for your help!

warrior420

Right, that is the software that will apply the firmware so keep that installed. Go back to Uniden and download "BCD396T_V1_13_17.zip 1.13.17 Firmware upgrade for the BCD396T" Its right below the updater. Download it to your desktop to make it easy. Unzip the file and that is your scn file. Open the updater and choose the scn on the desktop and all should go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.