How to associate San Diego County Fire Authority Talkgroup Alpha tags/description to Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottmarer

How to associate San Diego Fire Authority Talkgroups Alpha tags/description to Stations?

Example is the talk groups all start with CFA and then either a 10/11 and some letter.
I get that CFA = County Fire Authority ... But how do I associate that with specific stations?

While on the topic of associating things ... Where can I find a list of engine numbers and their station assignments?

scottmarer

Thanks for the link...
There are descriptions for each channel (like TAC 10D, TAC10E, etc) ... And some battalion numbers ...
How do I associate that with a particular region or station?

Also looking for a listing of vehicle numbers for each station...

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link...
There are descriptions for each channel (like TAC 10D, TAC10E, etc) ... And some battalion numbers ...
How do I associate that with a particular region or station?

Also looking for a listing of vehicle numbers for each station...
not sure how current those are. Not too sure about the other questions.

Last edited:

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
While on Calfire, it should be noted that they use a Command/Tac structure different than that which is listed. The database contains alpha tags that are years out of date. Someone really should update the RRdb to reflect these talkgroup use/assignments.

Someone posted a few years ago, or maybe sent it to me in email, a listing of each battalion chief and areas default command/tac channels. I can't find it at the moment. When I confirmed the assignments listed beow, there was no real logic as to basic geography or call type beign assigned a channel...it seemed random to me, but I want checing against actual battalion coverage zones, just general geographic areas.

10A Dispatch
10B Command
10C Tac
10D Tac
10E Command
10F Tac
10G Tac
10H Command
10I Tac
10J Tac
10K Command
10L Tac
10M Tac
10N Tac
11A Travel
11B Command
11C Tac
11D Tac
11E Command
11F Tac
11G Tac
11H Command
11I Tac
11J Tac
11K Command
11L Tac
11M Tac
11N Tac

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
While on Calfire, it should be noted that they use a Command/Tac structure different than that which is listed. The database contains alpha tags that are years out of date. Someone really should update the RRdb to reflect these talkgroup use/assignments.

Someone posted a few years ago, or maybe sent it to me in email, a listing of each battalion chief and areas default command/tac channels. I can't find it at the moment. When I confirmed the assignments listed beow, there was no real logic as to basic geography or call type beign assigned a channel...it seemed random to me, but I want checing against actual battalion coverage zones, just general geographic areas.

10A Dispatch
10B Command
10C Tac
10D Tac
10E Command
10F Tac
10G Tac
10H Command
10I Tac
10J Tac
10K Command
10L Tac
10M Tac
10N Tac
11A Travel
11B Command
11C Tac
11D Tac
11E Command
11F Tac
11G Tac
11H Command
11I Tac
11J Tac
11K Command
11L Tac
11M Tac
11N Tac

Are you volunteering? Because it looks like we could use the help. :) Forum correspondence is helpful for figuring stuff out but at the end of the day there’s no guarantee the database will change unless someone fills out a submission and clicks submit.

As for the CFA talkgroups, most of the San Diego fire departments follow a combination of functional and regional assignment to their Command and Tac channels.

Metro Fire and Heartland break up incident channels by type. For example SDFD will use “Command 7E/Tac 7F” for medical aids (or Command 1C in Heartland I believe), “Command 7H/Tac 7I” for traffic accidents, etc. Fire incident channels are then dispatched according to both the first available channel combination as well as the geographic location (north city incidents will always get Command 9A/Tac 9B for example, even if they are the only fire at the time).

I know this doesn’t directly answer your question, but if CFA follows the convention of other departments in the county then their channel assignments will be made using a combination of incident type/function as well as geographic area. That geographic area won’t correspond to individual fire stations but rather broader areas such as those covered by battalion chiefs. Looking at the org chart in the above link there are Central, West, North and South division chiefs, but I have yet to find a battalion map for the county.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Here is a list I made when logging Calfire to see if I could figure out a pattern. 10's seem mostly north, and 11's sem mostly south and east, but I've since heard lots of east county 10H/10K stuff.

10B/10C North County (Veg Fire-Bonsall)
10E/10F North County (Medical Aid-Ramona)
10E/10F North County (Medical Aid-Ramona)
11B/11C North County (Medical Aid-Escondido)
11B/11C East County (Medical Aid-La Cresta)
11E/11F East County (Medical Aid-Lake Morena)
11E/11F South County (Medical Aid-Otay Mesa)
11E/11F East County (Medical Aid-Alpine)
11E/11F East County (Medical Aid-Jamul)
11E/11F East County (Vehicle Rescue-Lyons Valley)
11H/11I East County (Vehicle Rescue-Jamul)

I will submit my other list to the database :)

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I'm contacting the local Calfire PIO office to see if they can give me a listing of how they utilize the talkgroup assignments for calls.

Paul

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm contacting the local Calfire PIO office to see if they can give me a listing of how they utilize the talkgroup assignments for calls.

Paul

Judging by your list Paul it looks like CFA might be more or less copying Metro Fire’s channel function assignments. CMD xxE/Tac xxF for medical aids, CMD xxH/Tac xxI for vehicle rescues/accidents, where xx is zone 10 for north and zone 11 for south/east. I heard a medical aid for Pine Valley station 44 this evening on CMD 11E/Tac 11F which matches your scheme above.

Let us know what you hear from the PIO! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.