How to become a RR staff member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannaMan9

Today l started wondering, how to become a RR staff member. I did a search, and nothing came up. Does anyone know a resource for me to find:

-What mods do/ when you have to be online.
-What you do.
-"Perks," how old you have to be etc...

Thanks,

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
There aren't really a set of guidelines for becoming a Mod. Either an existing mod refers a member or I ask the member. At the moment we don't need help in any areas.

ScannaMan9

Is they're a way to get notified? How old do you have to be? (My age is DISCLOSED, don't ask) Some states are 15,16, 18, 20 etc. My son uses this account, too (He is interested in the hobby) Would it just be worth providing a feed, or getting a premium membership?

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Today l started wondering, how to become a RR staff member. I did a search, and nothing came up. Does anyone know a resource for me to find:

-What you do.

Thanks,

Mods are online whenever we can volunteer our time, its not uncommon for some of us to be here two to three or more hours working on stuff everyday: Answering emails from members, looking through the forums making sure things are in check, moving threads to where they belong, taking care of reported posts, approving new moderated threads etc.Then if we have some time we actually read the forums for enjoyment lol

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
And keep in mind there are 2 types of "staff" here at RR:
--Database Admins
--Forum Moderators
Both have serious responsibilities and duties that have
to be handled daily. While both are volunteer positions
those of us entrusted to fulfill these spots consider it
an honor and privilege and we also understand making the
site successful takes dedicated time and effort on our part.
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Don't forget the Live Audio Admins.

Indeed. My apologizes to the Live Audio & Wiki Admins. They do an amazing
job. I was told awhile back you know you are doing a good job when
folks only remember you when something goes wrong :D
Marshall KE4ZNR

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
RR Staff

The best way to become on RR staff is to ask. First find out what area you would be interested in assisting. Data Base, Forums Moderator, Wiki, Audio etc. So do your home work and find your contact person and then contact the lead person of that area via e-mail or PM. It's almost like applying for a job but not as rigorous, so you still want to put your best foot forward in presenting yourself. State your qualifications and experience. It would also be very helpful to have a recommendation from an existing RR staff member especially from the area that you are interested in.
So a go for it!
Good luck:D!.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Is they're a way to get notified?
Yes, like I said, we'll contact you via PM or email if we're interested.
My son uses this account, too (He is interested in the hobby)
Not something you want to admit to if you're interested in being a mod since accounts are not meant to be shared. If he's going to interact on the forums he needs his own account.

divemaster500

Steelers Front Office/GM

-What you do.

Thanks,

I'm thinking I would like to become the GM of The PITTSBURGH STEELERS. I did a search, and nothing came up. Wanted to see if anyone might know:

-Perks I might receive from this position?
-What I might be doing in my new role?
-Is there an age requirement- my son's would like to help me out?

Any information would be most appreciated!

Last edited:

Cowthief

Hello.

Remember that being a mod is an almost impossible task, or so it will soon seem.
The trouble is that you will need to make judgement calls in where you will not make everyone happy, nature of the business.
On the one hand there are people who feel that the very idea of someone being able to listen to communications is wrong.
Clearly others disagree.
Parallels can be drawn in locksports, the hobby of picking locks, some feel that this is wrong.
But like all opinions, nearly everyone has one.
Not saying that the desire to contribute to this board by taking on more responsibilities is wrong, just that this is indeed what you are asking.

Thank you.
KA5PIU

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I'm thinking I would like to become the GM of The PITTSBURGH STEELERS. I did a search, and nothing came up. Wanted to see if anyone might know:

-Perks I might receive from this position?
-What I might be doing in my new role?
-Is there an age requirement- my son's would like to help me out?

Any information would be most appreciated!

Perks: Two words - Cheerleader Tryouts. There's also box seats to each game, including the Superbowl if the team makes it to the big game.

What you might be doing: Writing very huge paychecks, dealing with your players getting in trouble with the law, being interviewed by the media, that sort of thing.

Age requirement? None that I'm aware of, and since you're the boss of course your son can help. There IS a money requirement though, since you'll need to buy the team from the current GM. You'll probably need your son's help here also, so send him to his room right now to fetch his piggy bank. A 2008 valuation of the team came in at around 800 million dollars. I'm sure it's gone up since then.

Best of luck with your quest to be the Steeler's GM!

-AZ

bezking

:lol: I could probably buy the Jets with the money in my retirement account.

But, the OP's question was asked and answered so this one is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.