How to connect to FMP24 from another PC, specify the IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jets1961

This is from DSD+ FL 2.176 notes.

"When -r1 is used, all communication between DSD+ and FMPx is done via TCP link;
nothing is communicated through the file system. This means that DSD+ and FMPx can be
running on separate computers on a local network or anywhere on the Internet."

I have RTL-SDR running on my openwrt router and I am able to connect with sharpsdr version 1.0.0.1732 via TCP at my routers gateway or IP 192.168.xxx.xxx and the default port 1234. In the sdrsharp setup I specify the IP and port.

How to I tell FMP24 to point or look at the IP, what is the switch, is it possible? The port part is straight forward.

Any help greatly appreciated.

jets1961

OK so no I feel a bit silly. I opened my 1r.bat and looked at input and see you can specify an IP. I am getting the reply :

TCP protocol error/ incompatible DSD+/FMP versions. I am running the latest fastlane. I am going to remove some of the buffer commands from my RTL-SRD start command see if it helps.

EDIT: OK I used only the basic startup of my RTL in putty and same result DSD+ does not like it

a417

U+0000
I do the same with RTL-SDR running on an openwrt router, but it serves RTL data stream in a manner incompatible with what DSD+ FL wants. It serves raw I+Q over TCP/IP for programs like SDR#, etc...

You will need to use FMP24 to feed the data into DSD+ FL, not RTL_TCP....aaaaaand...FMP24 requires you run it on a windows based system.

jets1961

OK thanks for that. We do know DSD+ is capable of capturing RAW samples... so lets see what the future holds?

Would be nice to run off a router considering it is the lowest energy footprint of all RTL devices compared to a RPi or a PC.

I do the same with RTL-SDR running on an openwrt router, but it serves RTL data stream in a manner incompatible with what DSD+ FL wants. It serves raw I+Q over TCP/IP for programs like SDR#, etc...

You will need to use FMP24 to feed the data into DSD+ FL, not RTL_TCP....aaaaaand...FMP24 requires you run it on a windows based system.

a417

U+0000
Would be nice to run off a router considering it is the lowest energy footprint of all RTL devices compared to a RPi or a PC.

You sure? Every router I have ever used draws significantly more than a Raspi, although I guess it could be construed as less as you're using a device that is already on.

the Linksys that is currently running openwrt in the workshop has a 12v / 3a SMPS...and the raspi's on the bench near them each run off a cellphone charger wall wart at 5v.

Status
Not open for further replies.