How to Contact Correct RS Department?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
With the implementation of more and more P25 Simulcast systems around the country, more and more of us scanner hobbyists are suffering the pain of not being able to monitor these systems in an acceptable manner.

Is there any way to know who, and how, to contact the proper department to let them know that we are asking ( begging ) that they come up with a solution to improve the recpetion of the P25 Simulcast systems.

I don't know if the Sales department, or engineering department or R&D are the best ones to try to contact.

And where would one find the proper contact info such as email adresses or direct telephone numbers ?

I "assume" that RS is aware of this growing problem and frustration, but I don't really know for sure they are aware.

I keep hoping to read a post from Don Starr about the possible work being done behind the scenes at GRE/RS, but so far, I haven't seen any mention of a possible fix being worked on.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber

I contacted GRE and asked about their working on the P25 Simulcast reception problems. Below is their response.

It seems that they will be considering the problem... but not until the start to discuss it. I have no idea what that means in terms of any timetable for thenm to work on any sort of enhancements.

QUOTE: "Thank you for contacting GRE America

We appreciate your input about the P25 Simulcast reception issue. We are not covering this issue at the moment, but we will take it into consideration once we discuss Simulcast reception. ": UNQUOTE

So maybe sometime in the future we can anticipate some sort of resolution/fix to improve the reception of the P25 Simulcast systems... but it sounds like it could be "later" rather than "sooner".

There may not even be any decent fix for the current hardware out today... it may mean a new model.

All we can do is wait and see.... and keep our fingers crossed.

pratzert

Premium Subscriber
Well... I just received an "update" from the same person a GRE.

QUOTE:" Hello Tim,

Please discard my previous e-mail about the P25 Simulcast.

We do cover the P25 Simulcast system!!! I apologize for the inconvenience, and I will make sure to forward this issue to our development team. Once again GRE does cover the P25 Simulcast system. Have a great day!" :UNQUOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.