How To Correct Typo On Forum Post Title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
I just saw that my post from last year, which is still active, ( http://www.radioreference.com/forums...ad.php?t=77360 ) has a fairly significant typo in the thread name.

The forum thread title currently is "Horry County/Mrytle Beach Update", rather than the corrected spelling "MYRTLE".

Can anyone tell me how I can correct this error? I cannot seem to find a way to edit the thread name, even though I did the original post.

Thanks!!

Kel

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Click the Report a Post button (the red triangle with the !) and ask a moderator to fix the typo.

(I'm not a global mod so I can't just fix it for you.)

wa3ysu

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Jay - I saw that and was going to do it until I noticed that it said only to use that feature to report spam/advertisements/etc.. I don't want to risk someone taking down the thread, since it has a lot of good information in it that would be lost and tough to recreate. Do you think it is safe to 'report' it there and ask for the edit from a moderator, or do I risk it being taken down before there is a realization it is just a typo correction being requested?

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
A mod won't just outright delete the thread if it gets a report. You get a chance to say what you want done to it after you click the report icon.

You could either report it, or just wait and see if another mod reads this thread and does it based on this info.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I fixed it for you. Never be afraid to use the report button, we are here to help any way we can :)

Status
Not open for further replies.